Digital Insight & Reporting Consultant
- Location Swindon, South West England
- Salary £42,370 - £61,201
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 19/04/2019
- Ref R002203549
Digital Insight & Reporting Consultant
Based at Head Office, Swindon
salary - up to £61,000 +excellent bens & Co Culture!
There’s never been a better time to join Nationwide, the world’s largest Building Society…
Last year more people opened an account with us than with any other brand! We have one of the highest customer satisfaction ratings in the industry and continue to be voted the UK’s most trusted financial services brand. As a Mutual Society, we’re owned by our members not shareholders, so their needs are at the heart of everything we do, which makes working here feel really different than ‘for-profit’ companies.
We have an impressive 91.5% customer satisfaction score for our Banking App as well as reaching 4.8 stars in the AppStore. Every month we see 15.2 million visits to our website. Our members make a payment or transaction on our digital services 18.3m times each month and log in to our Banking App 60,000 times an hour.
Whilst we have great success so far, we obsess about our members and their experience across digital channels and need to respond faster than ever. We are on a hugely exciting and ambitious journey to deliver legendary service across our digital estate, to create an open digital platform to accelerate progress and to become the best place to work for digital talent. This is all designed to ensure we meet our members needs not just for today but ensure we’re ready for their needs of tomorrow too.
We’re building our Digital community with new perspectives, diverse backgrounds, and richly varied experience. And that’s where you come in...
As part of our evolving Digital Operations function, you’ll be the recognised expert in Digital analytics and Insight, accountable for delivering actionable insight and recommendations and getting the organisation to act on these, leading to increased business value. You’ll lead the design of new MI reports across the Community and influence decision making through your strong working relationships with the senior Digital team (up to level Director), as well as a range of internal and third-party consultants & analysts.
Who we're looking for
We’ll need you to have demonstrable commercial experience of web analytics and business performance analysis, probably having worked within e-commerce in a large-scale consumer retail organisation. Your knowledge will ideally span Digital Marketing, E-Commerce & Digital Self-Service, Digital awareness, including usability and devices. Being highly analytical, you’ll have the innate ability to analyse and interpret web analytics and other digital channel data; extrapolating trends and identifying issues and potential improvements to the web site user experience, conversion funnels, campaigns, propositions and marketing plans. Coupled with experience of A/B & MVT testing & personalisation of digital customer, your expertise will allow you to provide strong thought leadership, identify insight requirements and steer the direction of deliverables.
More broadly, you’ll have strong planning and organisation skills, able to multi-task and prioritise in a deadline orientated work environment. Your communication (written and verbal) and influencing skills, will facilitate interactions with stakeholders at all levels and ensure you’re able to present detailed analysis in a concise and meaningful manner. As a team player who’s self-motivated, you’ll drive a passion for problem solving that exceeds expectations. It goes without saying, you’re an expert using Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
What you'll be doing
• Be recognised as an expert in Digital analytics insights and performance optimisation
• Proactively analysing web analytics data and other relevant data (e.g. on-site customer feedback, market trends and competitor information) to identify opportunities for driving up online business volumes, improving digital customer satisfaction and enhancing digital sales & self-service propositions
• Making recommendations for action, ensuring these are accepted and implemented by the business and tracking the additional value they deliver
• Support, coach and develop Insight Analysts more junior members of the team
• Influencing and challenge the prioritisation of Digital activity, providing insights to steer activity and evaluate outcomes.
• Engaging with internal customers to define insight requirements & business questions to be answered; delivering the analysis & insight in an engaging presentation; ensuring customers’ needs are being met
• Proactively managing priorities/time for self and others (working on projects/initiatives led by the individual)
• Staying abreast of latest developments in digital insight and optimisation tools and techniques
• Raising the profile and enhancing the reputation of the Digital Analytics and Insight function.
• Provide expertise to provide requirements for MI report and use expertise to design the Community reporting suite that drives decision making across the Community - for consumption across the Community and outside of the Community up to Board level.
• Act as the SME for truly deeper insight, taking ambiguous problem statements and turning this into something actionable and presentable to a Senior Management audience.
The extras you'll get
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays (with the ability to buy ‘extra’)
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme