Senior Manager, Digital Value & Assurance
- Location Swindon, South West England
- Salary £54,231 - £88,126
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 19/04/2019
- Ref R002203545
Senior Manager, Digital Value & Assurance
Location – Swindon
Salary: Up to £88,000 + competitive Benefits package & great Co Culture!
There’s never been a better time to join Nationwide, the world’s largest Building Society…
Last year more people opened an account with us than with any other brand! We have one of the highest customer satisfaction ratings in the industry and continue to be voted the UK’s most trusted financial services brand. As a Mutual Society, we’re owned by our members not shareholders, so their needs are at the heart of everything we do, which makes working here feel really different than ‘for-profit’ companies.
We have an impressive 91.5% customer satisfaction score for our Banking App as well as reaching 4.8 stars in the AppStore. Every month we see 15.2 million visits to our website. Our members make a payment or transaction on our digital services 18.3m times each month and log in to our Banking App 60,000 times an hour.
Whilst we have great success so far, we obsess about our members and their experience across digital channels and need to respond faster than ever. We are on a hugely exciting and ambitious journey to deliver legendary service across our digital estate, to create an open digital platform to accelerate progress and to become the best place to work for digital talent. This is all designed to ensure we meet our members needs not just for today but ensure we’re ready for their needs of tomorrow too.
We’re building our Digital community with new perspectives, diverse backgrounds, and richly varied experience. And that’s where you come in...
As Senior Manager, Digital Value & Assurance, you’ll be right at the heart of our Community in our Operations team. You’ll be responsible for ‘trail blazing’ exceptional delivery and operational support across projects, portfolios, delivery centres and our growing agile hubs. In addition, you’ll provide assurance across our complex multi-discipline, multi-channel, multi-site Community – where driving value is key! This means setting out a framework to measure the value that our teams create, providing end-to-end governance and oversight and operationally identifying and resolving barriers and inefficiencies.
Who we're looking for
To be successful in this role, we’ll expect you to have demonstrable PMO experience and be an expert in leading value add delivery assurance that can provide insight and challenge to our delivery teams, across different delivery methodologies, as well as exceptional operational support. We’re not just about delivery though, we run a thriving Digital channel that is accountable for 64% of the Society’s sales. It’s vital that you can design streamlined governance, controls and assurance frameworks, with an ability to roll these out successfully across a large, complex business community too. Therefore, experience of working in a digital setting and with multiple delivery methodologies, especially agile will be hugely beneficial. A knowledge of a Community that is wider than just delivery would also be beneficial, especially if you have knowledge of Conduct Risk in a digital setting.
More broadly, you’ll be a proactive self-starter, who can think innovatively, commercially and strategically and work independently to accomplish business goals. You’ll thrive in a cross functional, multi-discipline environment, where you can utilise your strong influencing, negotiating and communications skills. Your excellent planning and organisational skills and ability to manage and judge multiple competing priorities will ensure delivery against challenging timescales without compromising on quality.
What you'll be doing
• Ensure an efficient provision of value adding support, assurance and governance for all Nationwide Digital (which consists of delivery assurance across growing Agile hubs, multiple projects and Development Centres) and provide assurance to the wider ‘channel run’ part of our Community to ensure the correct levels of assurance and oversight is maintained
• Ensure that delivery assurance principles are consistently applied across all Digital Hubs and projects. This will include leading the implementation of new assurance and operational ways of working and deciding on the most appropriate way of maintaining assurance for each element of Nationwide Digital which depending on the complexity may be different for each.
• Continuously reviewing the principles, design and roll out of new, streamlined governance, and end to end digital workflows across the Digital community, that reduce waste and support rapid, effective decision making
• Creating and running a framework to ensure that Digital performance is aligned to strategic outcomes and that the required strategic investment can be secured.
• Working across the Digital Leadership Team to provide challenge & support so that the outcome measures for are clear, value driven and can be quantitatively measured against.
• Work with our Risk & Compliance team to ensure the effective operational and conduct risk management processes, as well as ensuring the accurate tracking and delivery of specific risk management plans.
• Leading the production of required Digital inputs into the Society’s Regulatory obligations, so the Director of Digital is appropriately prepared to engage directly to the regulator.
• Leading Supplier Governance, Sales & Service Frameworks and Policy Reviews.
• Ensure all Nationwide Digital functions can effectively anticipate, prepare for and respond to sudden scenarios that threaten its operational capability through effective business continuity and disaster recovery frameworks, which align to Society wide approaches.
The extras you'll get
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 30 days’ holiday plus bank holidays (with the ability to buy ‘extra’)
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to a Healthcare scheme
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
• Car allowance worth £4,656