Senior Manager, Efficiency Planning & Enablement
- Location Swindon, South West England
- Salary £54,231 - £88,126
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 19/04/2019
- Ref R002203547
Senior Manager, Digital Efficiency, Planning and Enablement
Location – Swindon
Salary: Up to £88,000 + competitive Benefits package & great Co culture!
There’s never been a better time to join Nationwide, the world’s largest Building Society…
Last year more people opened an account with us than with any other brand! We have one of the highest customer satisfaction ratings in the industry and continue to be voted the UK’s most trusted financial services brand. As a Mutual Society, we’re owned by our members not shareholders, so their needs are at the heart of everything we do, which makes working here feel really different than ‘for-profit’ companies.
We have an impressive 91.5% customer satisfaction score for our Banking App as well as reaching 4.8 stars in the AppStore. Every month we see 15.2 million visits to our website. Our members make a payment or transaction on our digital services 18.3m times each month and log in to our Banking App 60,000 times an hour.
Whilst we have great success so far, we obsess about our members and their experience across digital channels and need to respond faster than ever. We are on a hugely exciting and ambitious journey to deliver legendary service across our digital estate, to create an open digital platform to accelerate progress and to become the best place to work for digital talent. This is all designed to ensure we meet our members needs not just for today but ensure we’re ready for their needs of tomorrow too.
We’re building our Digital community with new perspectives, diverse backgrounds, and richly varied experience. And that’s where you come in...
As Senior Manager, Digital Efficiency, Planning and Enablement, you’ll be at the heart of the Community within our Operations Team. You lead the demand, capacity and workplace planning capability for our entire Digital Community - we have end to end accountability of the digital proposition, delivering changes to our digital services such as our website, our Banking App, our Internet Bank and running them as a digital channel, that obsesses about meeting member needs and delivering legendary service in every interaction!
Put simply, you’ll understand the roadmap and the capability required to make it happen – casting cross-functional teams, orchestrating both what we need right now to get the work done and what’s needed for our teams to keep getting better. Understanding total demand and total capacity, you’ll tie that together with our growing needs from tooling, space and people to enable the community to become responsive, effective and enabled. Ultimately making sure we’re using our members money in the most efficient way to build world-class capability…
Who we're looking for
We’ll need you to have a relevant track record of leadership, with evidence of significant scale across budget and resources, ideally across a large, complex business. You’ll be confident leading others in ‘best in class’ planning management and have experience working closely with supplier management functions and procurement processes.
Being highly numerate and a strategic thinker, you’ll use your strong analytical skills to interpret complex data sets and navigate multifaceted challenges. This will enable you to grasp complex issues quickly and provide constructive challenge against outputs, capacity or resource allocation and guide on next steps / resolution activity to help improve efficiency across the community.
More broadly, your gravitas, influencing and communication skills, will make you an adept relationship manager at leadership level, coupled with an ability to engage different audiences, ensuring alignment with the wider society functions and communities.
Experience of and/or a desire to work in a Digital setting and thriving sales channel, accountable for 64% of Society sales is vital. Working with delivery methodologies, especially agile will also be hugely beneficial.
What you'll be doing
• Lead the definition, implementation and ongoing running of a robust and streamlined demand management process, covering c.£200m portfolio demand across a community of c1,600 people working within different Hubs, Development Centres and across the broader Digital channel
• Drive the provision of demand and capacity management insight for key stakeholders within and outside of the Community and use this to support strategic decision making, alignment of roadmaps and identification and escalation of dependencies
• Work with Digital leadership to provide ongoing assurance that colleagues are deployed to the right roles, according to their skills, capacity and Nationwide Digital’s broader strategic priorities
• Ensure planning processes can continue to be streamlined, efficient and avoid waste, promoting a culture of continuous improvement across the community
• Maintain an accurate view of all Digital resources including an aggregated view of supplier use, costs and performance. Provide assurance to the Digital Leadership that workplace enablement requirements are being satisfied for all areas across the community
• Effectively collaborate with Procurement to ensure Nationwide Digital can directly source, contract and manage suppliers in an agile, streamlined and controlled way, and act as the main escalation point for resolving key issues
• Ensure the Leadership team have access to MI / Dashboard / Reporting, Dependency Management and Planning Alignment, with a clear view of the Interlock with other Squads/Communities outside of Digital.
• Leading quarterly planning meetings at board level
• Work with Finance to ensure the Community is clear on its overall budget and use this to drive and influence efficiencies
The extras you'll get
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 30 days’ holiday plus bank holidays (with the ability to buy ‘extra’)
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to a Healthcare scheme
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
• Car allowance worth £4,656