- Location Swindon, England
- Salary Competitive
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 31/05/2018
- Ref R002202853
- Content Editors to join the Mobile & Digital Experience team based at our Head Offices in Swindon, with travel to Bristol.
- Salary circa £36,000 dependent on skills and experience + competitive benefits package
- This is a permanent opportunity working 35 hours per week
As the world’s largest building society, here at Nationwide, we have clear and ambitious objectives as we look to further grow our digital active user base, by making things easier for our members to do online, provide services available 24/7 365 days a year, constantly deliver new and exciting propositions and ensure we have a well-run, well controlled and efficient channel. We’ll do this by continuing to deliver legendary service to our members namely across Mobile Banking, Internet Banking and nationwide.co.uk. That’s no mean feat and that’s where you come in…
Right now, we’re looking for experienced Content Editors to join our expanding Mobile & Digital Experience (M&DE) team, where we define and create member-focused experiences across all digital products. You’ll support the technical production of exemplary online experiences that truly differentiate Nationwide and drive our Digital society aspirations and work closely with multi-disciplinary teams of Content Designers, UX Designers, Visual Designers, Delivery Leads and Development teams to evolve the Nationwide design and interaction pattern libraries. Ultimately, creating experiences and transforming products and services that have a positive impact on our members, colleagues and business.
Who we're looking for
So, we’ll need you to have:
- Good understanding of web development best practices and a good understanding of web usability best practices
- Ideally experience of working in the consumer retail/banking space, supported by a portfolio of CMS production work
- Demonstrable ability to translate user needs and key business objectives into production or technical solutions that result in digital experiences that communicate effectively and engagingly with customers
- Strong team player with good communication skills
- The ability to work well in a cross-functional, multi-discipline environment with good influencing skills
- Solid planning and organisational skills and ability to manage and own multiple competing deliverables
- A confident manner with internal clients; be thoughtful, measured and persuasive
What you'll be doing
- Take responsibility for production activities, including component selection, build and testing as required throughout the ideation, prototyping and design and development stages of the project
- Working with the Product Owner and Delivery or Creative Leads, you’ll help shape the technical production aspects of your projects
- Interrogate the objectives of each project and understand the requirements to ensure we’re building the right things the right way
- Use your specialist knowledge of SiteCore, you’ll ensure CMS production policies, standards and governance are adhered to across our key platforms: IB, Banking app and .co.uk.
- Help train and mentor colleagues
- Develop a solid understanding of the problem from a CMS and technology perspective
- Ensure CMS production policies, standards and governance are rigorously enforced, and that our build environments are as efficient and effective as possible
- Attend and contributing to workshops with, colleagues, stakeholders and other subject matter experts
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our customers, we’ll help further your career at Nationwide. As well as your salary, there’s life assurance, an excellent pension, a recognition and rewards scheme and good work life balance.