Senior UX Researcher
- Location Swindon, Bristol, South West England
- Salary £42,370 - £61,201
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 27/01/2019
- Ref R002203179
Senior UX Researcher
Location: Bristol (Experience Design Studio) or Swindon, Head Office
Salary: £42,370 – 61,201 (depending on skills/experience)
Please provide a portfolio of your work to date to support your application
There’s never been a better time to join Nationwide Digital…
Did you know we’re the world’s largest Building Society, the UK’s 2nd largest Mortgage provider and one of the fastest growing current account providers in the market… last year more people opened an account with the Society than with any other brand!
And we’re on a hugely exciting and ambitious transformation journey to evolve our digital services and deliver legendary service across Mobile and Internet Banking, creating new and exciting propositions, meeting member needs today and tomorrow…
For our talented Digital Experience Design Studio that means understanding the needs of our users - inside out - and coming up with smart ways to make things simpler, easier and better for them.
UX Research will be at the heart of this and that’s where you come in…
Who we're looking for
As a Senior UX Researcher you will lead and deliver research projects to advance Nationwide Digital’s understanding of its members.
You’ll be expected to be a hands-on researcher. You will lead and direct research projects and will be responsible for the scoping, shaping and approach. You will interrogate the objectives of each one and flesh out the requirements to ensure we are making the right thing the right way. You will also analyse and summarise research outputs ensuring that the findings reach the target audience in the right way at the right time.
Throughout all this, you’ll collaborate closely with Product Managers, the wider UX team, Developers, Content Designers, Analysts and other Researchers.
The scope of projects you may be involved in spans the entire digital estate and multiple service touch points (including natiowide.co.uk, mobile, branch, ATM, etc.).
You’ll have the following qualifications, experience, and knowledge:
• Expertise in qualitative and quantitative digital research with extensive experience of a wide range of industry standard methodologies and tools
• Demonstrable experience at a senior level within a fast-paced commercial digital environment, agency or practice
• Proficiency in Usability Testing, Survey design, Co-creation workshops,creating discussion guides, running focus groups and depth interviews, Card Sorting, Tree testing, AB Testing, interpreting and presenting research findings
• A track record of translating key business objectives into digital solutions that communicate effectively and engagingly with the customer
• Extensive experience in storytelling, critiquing, facilitating and presenting
• A strong team player with excellent communication skills and an ability to manage senior stakeholders
• Strong commercial awareness with good strategic and analytical skills
• Skilled at working in a cross-functional, multi-discipline environment, you will have strong influencing and communications skills
• Excellent planning and organisational skills with ability to manage and own multiple competing priorities
What you'll be doing
Joining us as a Senior UX Researcher, you could find yourself working on an exciting new proposition or leading research for one of our digital channels. This might mean designing and running research at pace in one of our Agile Hubs or working alongside our other research, insight and analytics teams around Society. Your job is to build and maintain a really robust understanding of users and their behaviour to inform decision making. Research, analytics, insight, testing; you’ll be part of it all, defining user needs, wants and actions to feed into design decisions that put them first.
Whatever you’re working on, one thing’s for sure: you’ll be surrounded by like-minded colleagues in a culture that champions design thinking, insight and user focus. So if you’re not shy of a challenge and feel as passionate about content, collaboration and solving problems pragmatically as we do, this might be just the opportunity for you.
The extras you'll get
As part of our team, you’ll receive:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets