Content Design Manager
- Location Swindon, South West England
- Salary £50,800 - £73,400
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 27/03/2019
- Ref R002203339
Content Design Manager
• Swindon as base location (with occasional travel to Bristol when required)
• Base salary £50,800 - £73,400 (depending on experience) + Competitive benefits package
• Please submit a portfolio/portfolio link with your CV
Here at Nationwide, we have clear and ambitious objectives as we look to grow our digital active user base, by making things easier for our members to do online, provide services available 24/7 365 days a year, constantly deliver new and exciting propositions and ensure we have a well-run, well controlled and efficient channel. We’ll do this by continuing to deliver legendary service to our members namely across Mobile Banking, Internet Banking and nationwide.co.uk. That’s no mean feat and that’s where you come in….
Right now, we’re looking for an experienced Content Design Manager to join our expanding Service & Experience Design team. Created to provide in-house design expertise, support collaborative working and true user-centred design, we work out of one of the best in-house spaces in the southwest (Bristol), as well as a fast paced, ‘Agile’ environment at Head Office in Swindon!
So, there's never been a better time to join us...
Who we're looking for
As a minimum, you’ll have:
• Demonstrable experience researching, designing and crafting content-led experiences in fast-paced, commercial environment
• Experience in leading or managing in-house and freelance content designers – either agency or client side
• Proven experience of successful management and delivery of content design and copywriting elements of medium-to-large projects
• Demonstrable experience gained ideally in the consumer retail or banking space, with a proven track record of commercially evaluating, scoping and shaping online services and process
• A strong portfolio of digital content and copywriting work
• Exceptional commercial awareness, strategic thinking and an ability to deliver customer-focused content
• Experience leading multidisciplinary teams
• Exceptional influencing skills
What you'll be doing
We’ll need you to focus obsessively on our members: who they are, what they need and what motivates them. You’ll be meticulous about research and data and have extensive experience leading and collaborating with visual and UX designers, project managers, techs and stakeholders to deliver class-leading member experiences.
In this pivotal role, you’ll shape content’s role across a wide range of digital projects, supporting and influencing senior stakeholders and championing content design across the business. Comfortable leading multiple projects, you’ll make sure we get the right content in the right place at the right time.
You’ll be across everything: research, analytics, insight, writing, testing. Collaborating with managers of other design disciplines, you’ll oversee compelling digital experiences and ensure what we agree with our senior stakeholders is what we deliver. You’ll also represent our Service & Experience Design team at events throughout our business, as well as at relevant external events.
A skilled mentor, you’ll share your knowledge and experience in ways that encourage your team and continually raise the quality bar.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our customers, we’ll help further your career at Nationwide. As well as your salary, there’s life assurance, a pension and a recognition and rewards scheme and work life balance. If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out…