Senior UI Designer
- Location Swindon, Bristol, South West England
- Salary £42,370 - £61,201
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 30/04/2019
- Ref R002203441
A Senior UI Designer
Base location: Bristol AND Swindon (split site)
There’s never been a better time to join Nationwide Digital…
Last year more people opened an account with us than with any other brand! We have one of the highest customer satisfaction ratings in the industry and continue to be voted the UK’s most trusted financial services brand. As a Mutual Society, we’re owned by our members not shareholders, so their needs are at the heart of everything we do, which makes working here feel really different than ‘for-profit’ companies.
Building on that success, we’re now on a hugely exciting and ambitious transformation journey to evolve our multi-channel service, delivering legendary service across Mobile and Internet Banking, creating new and exciting propositions to grow our member base, develop our Open Banking channel and revitalise our Branch network - all designed to give choice to our members and meet their needs today and tomorrow.
We’re building our Society with new perspectives, diverse backgrounds, and richly varied experience. And that’s where you come in...
Who we're looking for
You’ll be a creative professional, who’s used to working closely and collaboratively with in-house creative, product, proposition, content and commercial teams to realise strategic objectives and ensure a consistent user experience across journeys. You’ll need to be prepared to show flexibility and work with momentum. We’re looking for a collaborator who can work with a passionate team of colleagues to deliver ‘at pace’ and challenge and influence effectively to drive the right outcomes.
So, we’ll need you to demonstrate experience in…
• Digital / UI / Visual design coupled with a UX focus
• Significant and demonstrable experience of designing experiences and services
• A detailed knowledge of visual and interaction design and the ability to use the appropriate methods, activities and tools to create simple, engaging experiences and services
• Proficient in PhotoShop, illustrator, InDesign and Sketch
• Understands latest standards, changes and trends, ideally in a regulated environment
• A proven track record of evaluating, scoping and shaping online services
• A desire to share your design capabilities with those around you and develop more junior members of the team
What you'll be doing
Working end to end in true cross-functional teams, you’ll get to help shape the future of Nationwide’s products and services. You’ll work collaboratively within a team of Service Designers, Content Designers, UX Designers and Developers to create exemplary experiences and services that meet our Business member needs and truly differentiate Nationwide in delivering legendary service to our members.
Working hand in hand with the product owner, you’ll be responsible for the scoping and shaping of projects and fleshing out the requirements to ensure we are designing the right things the right way. You’ll also have responsibility for the execution of design tasks.
Using industry standard software, you’ll employ Design activities, techniques and practices on all projects. You will be expected to work in a variety of production methodologies from Agile to Lean to traditional waterfall depending on the demands of the project.
Day-to-day you’ll have responsibility for design activities including hands on creation of deliverables through all stages of the project including research, ideation, prototyping, information design, interaction design, screen design.
This role will own the design responsibilities that span all experience and service touch points across the Nationwide digital estate (including nationwide.co.uk, mobile, branch screens, ATM, etc.)
The extras you'll get
As part of our team, you’ll receive:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Access to annual performance related bonus scheme
• Flexible benefits scheme