- Location Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary £30,204 - £43,628
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 23/05/2018
- Ref R001900550
- An Incident Analyst, to work within our Enterprise Command Centre, located at our head offices in Swindon
- Salary £30,204 - £43,628 a year (dependent on skills, experience and current remuneration), based on a permanent, 35 hour week contract
- Please send in your application by 23rd May 2018
Who we're looking for
As a minimum requirement you'll:
- Have strong analytical and investigative skills and good attention to detail
- Experience of incident management either in an IT or business team.
- Be a confident communicator as you’ll be engaging with technical and business teams, as well as senior management.
- Have the ability to put technical terms into simple business language
- Be used to working under pressure and adjusting to rapidly changing priorities during the business day.
What you'll be doing
Supporting the Incident Process Owner, you’ll review, analyse and report on incidents across the IT estate. You’ll ensure that processes are governed, as well as collaborating with other IT process practitioners to ensure conformance to the latest procedures, standards and templates.
You also will be pro-active in identifying, and supporting the delivery of service improvements which contribute to the ongoing incident and wider IT strategy.
A key aspect of your role will be supporting the Operations Team on the handling of high priority incidents by acting as Incident Coordinator. This will also require you to accurately minute all related incident meetings and produce a well authored post incident review document. Communicating clearly with key stakeholders, Service Management, technical teams, the Service Desk and representatives from business areas and developing strong working relationships with these areas will be a fundamental part of the job.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
- Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
- Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
- Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
- Access to a Healthcare scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme