- Location Swindon, South West England
- Salary £35,309 - £51,002
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 26/04/2019
- Ref R001700340
- A Financial Analyst in our head offices in Swindon, South West England.
- Salary: £35,309 - £51,002 (target salary of £39,232) – salary package dependent on internal policy
- Benefits include a competitive pension where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%, 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, private healthcare, life assurance worth 8x your salary.
- Contract type: Permanent
- Closing date of 26th April
This important role will be supporting Nationwide’s drive to improve efficiency right across the Society, by helping to create a better understanding of the operational data that underpins our levels of efficiency and productivity. This role will provide analytical support primarily using Excel to track and report efficiency and productivity activity and metrics.
Who we're looking for
We are looking for an adaptable individual who is seeking a challenging role in a high-profile team where they can make a real impact. You should be inquisitive as well as having an appetite to challenge and understand data and what it tells us. For this role you may have come from a range of backgrounds that could include forecasting analysis, scenario modelling, resource planning, capacity planning or financial modelling.
As a minimum requirement, you’ll:
Have experience of manipulating and summarising large datasets using Excel (e.g. pivot tables, vlookups/sumifs, named ranges etc),
- Have experience of building reports, producing trend analysis/forecasts, using the numbers to tell the story,
- Be able to build strong and effective working relationships,
- Have a logical mind with the ability to spot errors and solve problems,
- Be disciplined and structure in the way of thinking,
It would be nice if you also had:
- Strong experience of analysis,
- Experience of using VBA
- Experience in financial services, however this is not a pre-requisite,
- Be qualified or part-qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) but this is not a pre-requisite
What you'll be doing
Your main responsibilities will include the following:
- Responsible for data quality by running exception reporting and working with key stakeholders to ensure critical fields are completed and updated,
- Producing monthly efficiency and productivity performance reporting, combining data from range of sources
- Maintain and develop the efficiency metrics and operational data library, the SharePoint and the integrity of the overall data set,
- Updating and maintaining governance processes and documentation.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
- Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
- Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
- Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
- Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme