Risk Modellers, Treasury Modelling
- Location Swindon, London, England
- Salary £25,169 - £61,201
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 22/04/2019
- Ref R001700333
• Risk Modellers based in our head offices in Swindon, South West England or in our London office
in Threadneedle Street.
• Salary ranges: £25,169 - £36,356/ £34,960 - £50,497 / £43,370 - £61,201 per year (salary offered
will be dependent on skills and experience) based on a 35- hours a week. permanent contract
plus competitive benefits
• Send in your application by 22nd April 2019
Nationwide is committed to providing equality of opportunity in employment, and to developing work practices and policies that support work-life balance. As such we welcome applications from those looking for flexible working and/or job share.
It’s an exciting time to be a part of the Treasury Modelling team at Nationwide! We are a rapidly expanding and evolving team, crucial to the delivery of Nationwide’s “Finance of the Future” vision.
We are on a journey to deliver a range of initiatives which will help to drive the way strategic decisions are made within Treasury and the broader Finance Community. This, combined with our core purpose as a Capital / Regulatory modelling function, means we have exposure to a broad range of different activities crucial to the way the Society operates, and makes us a great place to learn about Treasury, Finance, Risk management and Modelling.
We need enthusiastic analysts, modellers or data scientists who thrive on solving problems, driving new insight & ideas and thinking about things differently. We are recruiting across a broad range of salaries so if this sounds like you please get in touch!
Who we're looking for
These roles are all about developing models and using analytics to solve business problems so as a minimum you’ll need to have:
• a degree in a numerate discipline such as physics, maths or engineering
• a high level of IT literacy
• an inquisitive mind and an aptitude for problem solving
• the ability to use your analytical skills to come up with innovative solutions and ideas
• excellent communication skills
• proven experience of taking the initiative on complex tasks
• the ability to plan and deliver solutions to tight deadlines
It would be nice if you also have:
• previous programming experience with tools such as S+/R, C/C++, SQL, VBA, Python or SAS
• knowledge of statistical modelling or machine learning techniques.
What you'll be doing
Joining our Treasury Modelling team, you will be working on the development of models used for a range of purposes (e.g. P2A Capital, CST, Hedging, Strategic investment decisions & Regulatory reporting) and covering a broad range of risks (e.g. Market, Liquidity, Operational and Credit Risks). This will mean getting up to speed with using statistical modelling tools such as SAS and S+, gaining in depth knowledge of the business areas that are your customers and learning about best practice for model development.
This role is an opportunity to build models which are key to business decisions taken within the Society and to learn skills which will be crucial to the future success of the Society.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme