Senior Controls Analyst
- Location Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary £42,370 - £61,201
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 25/04/2019
- Ref R001700338
Senior Controls Analyst based in Swindon
£42,370-£61,201 (dependent on experience) plus benefits
The Process and Controls team, within Finance and Efficiency Risk, is responsible for analysis and first line independent testing of Nationwide’s regulatory returns and other critical reporting. This covers the end-to-end reporting process, from data quality within source systems to governance of the production and submission of the reports.
As a Senior Controls Analyst, you’ll support the team by taking responsibility for delivering individual assignments on time and to a quality standard that comfortably stands up to scrutiny by internal or external reviewers.
Who we're looking for
You’re likely to be experienced in two or more of the following areas, preferably within a financial services or other highly regulated environment:
• business analysis
• process mapping
• documentation of processes and controls
• critical or regulatory reporting
• risk identification and assessment
• independent controls testing
You’ll have an enquiring mind, an ability to engage with colleagues at all levels and good critical thinking skills. You’ll also be able to demonstrate excellent time management and planning, as assignments are often complex, can extend over a few months and have external regulatory deadlines.
The team takes an agile approach to planning and delivery to accommodate business needs. There will be opportunities to work on a range of projects and tasks in the wider Finance & Efficiency Risk team.
What you'll be doing
Reporting to a Controls Manager, you’ll be joining a current team of seven and will be working on a selection from approximately 400 critical and regulatory reports to complete the following:
• Analysis: you’ll understand and map the report production process and identify key controls that mitigate risks to accuracy and delivery.
• Testing: you’ll carry out independent testing of controls to ensure they are designed adequately and operating effectively to mitigate the risk of inaccurate reporting.
• Solutions: working with business areas, you’ll develop action plans to address any control weaknesses or process inefficiencies.
• Reporting: you’ll present your findings and any actions clearly and concisely to the business, following up to ensure that actions are completed.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our customers, we’ll help further your career at Nationwide. As well as your salary, there’s life insurance a pension and a recognition and rewards scheme. We think it’s a great place to work, and we’re not afraid of giving you praise when you’ve done well.