Business Intelligence Specialist
- Location Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary £34,960 - £50,497
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 01/07/2018
- Ref R002500030
• A Business Intelligence Specialist within the BI Solutions Team
• Salary £34,960- £50,497 per annum (based on skills and experience) on a permanent 35 hour contract plus excellent benefits.
• Send in your application by 1st July 2018
The BI Solutions team in Data & Analytics is responsible for developing and implementing high quality, insightful BI, Reporting & Data Visualisation solutions for stakeholders across Nationwide. As the most experienced BI professionals within Nationwide, the team is responsible for setting the appropriate governance, standards and enablement of self-service for the strategic BI tools. The solutions we build are connecting business people with their data in a way that has never been experienced before, which is enabling deeper understanding and insight into business performance.
At a time when BI solutions are enabling greater levels of intuitive interaction for more people across organisations, we need people who are able to understand and interpret what information is needed, take requirements and blend with the technology to demonstrate the art of the possible, stimulate fresh ideas and thinking and to design and build high quality solutions that simplify process or introduce more efficient ways of working. As a member of BI Solutions team, you will be working with a diverse range of business teams across the entire spectrum of our organisation.
Who we're looking for
We’re looking for someone who has a good track record of designing and building solutions using QlikView & QlikSense, with the ability to engage with business colleagues to help them adopt new solutions and ways of working that puts BI at the heart of their processes and follow strong principles & standards.
As a minimum, you'll:
• Have demonstrable experience in developing solutions using QlikView or QlikSense and can explain how and why they were developed
• Be an excellent communicator who can build deep effective relationships with multiple stakeholders, influencing decisions and challenging conventional thinking.
• Be creative and innovative, having the talent to quickly interpret a business need, complement it with your own thoughts and ideas, and deliver high quality appropriate visualisations, dashboards and reports.
• Be agile, comfortably dealing with a diverse range of requirements at any one time. You will be adept at spotting opportunities and learning fast along the way.
It would also be nice if you had
• Exposure to Teradata, Hadoop, SQL Server, BusinessObjects
What you'll be doing
As part of the BI Solutions team that sits within our Data & Analytics community, your focus will be;
• engaging business stakeholders to understand their key business challenges
• identifying where Data Visualisation solutions can help
• building high quality solutions with clear business benefits
• training others to become self-sufficient in utilising and expanding the solutions you have delivered
As part of our BI Solutions team, you will have responsibilities for ensuring our development standards and principles of use for our BI technologies are carried out into business teams, and be required to carry out quality assurance reviews as part of our BI governance processes.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So, if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
•Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
•Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
•Life assurance worth 8x your salary
•24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
•The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
•Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
•Access to a Healthcare scheme
•Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme