Controls Analyst, Financial Control
- Location Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary £27,484 - £39,699
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 30/11/2018
- Ref R001700259
• A Controls Analyst in Financial Controls within our Finance & Efficiency Community at our head offices in Swindon
• Salary- £27,484- £39,699 a year (dependent on current salary and banding) based on a permanent full-time contract
• Send in your application by 30th November 2018
For further information, please contact Neena Parti (Hiring Manager). The Resourcing Manager is Steph Tapner.
The Financial Control Team is responsible for ensuring the effective design and operation of key financial controls across the business, safeguarding the integrity of the Society’s published financial information. This involves: staying abreast with changes; documentation of amendments to the framework; management of the bi-annual testing and certification process; assurance testing; presenting key findings to management and the business; and assisting the business in designing financial control solutions. As our control environment matures we have an exciting opportunity for a Controls Analyst to join our team and support their assigned business areas in maintaining and reporting on a robust financial control framework.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum, you’ll need to:
• Understand financial risk and control principles and methodologies
• Have good knowledge of financial processes, risk and controls
• Possess strong communication skills with the ability to liaise with relevant business areas
• Be proactive in identifying issues, designing solutions and engaging with the business
• Plan and organise activity to deliver quality work in a timely manner
• Have a positive attitude with an ability to motivate and influence others
It would be nice if you also have:
• Exposure to Sarbanes Oxley (SOx) or equivalent – pre or post implementation
• Business process and controls mapping experience
• Have a relevant accounting qualification
• Financial services experience
What you'll be doing
As a Controls Analyst you will support specific business areas in the review and documentation of their financial control processes, and associated testing of key financial controls.
You’ll engage with business stakeholders to provide training and support to assigned business areas to improve understanding of, and compliance with, the Financial Control Framework.
Using your strong communication skills, you’ll support assigned business areas during process change, ensuring that Financial Reporting risk is identified and then adequately mitigated by appropriately designed and implemented controls.
You will also have the opportunity to contribute to the ongoing development of the Financial Control Team through:-
• Developing a deep understanding of the financial controls environment
• Developing presentation skills to both the business and management
• Building a strong network both inside and outside Finance
• Working alongside other controls testing teams to realise synergies in the testing process
• Developing project skills by creating new or enhancing existing processes to drive efficiency
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our customers, we’ll help further your career at Nationwide. As well as your salary, there’s life insurance a pension and a recognition and rewards scheme. We think it’s a great place to work, and we’re not afraid of giving you praise when you’ve done well.