Financial Control Manager - 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
- Location Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary £50,840 - £73,436
- Contract type Fixed Term Contract
- Closing date 21/08/2018
- Ref R001700233
• A Financial Control Manager in our head offices in Swindon, South West England.
• Salary: £50,840 - £73,436 (target salary of £56,489)
• Contract type: Fixed Term Contract for 12 months
Send in your application by 21st August 2018
The Financial Control Team is responsible for operating the financial control certification process which ensures the effective design and operation of key financial controls across the Society, safeguarding the integrity of the Society’s published financial information.
As a senior member of the team, you will provide direction and lead process and control walkthroughs and bi-annual testing activities for your assigned portfolio. A critical part of the role will be presenting findings to management and assisting the business in designing control solutions. In times of change you will be leading the senior stakeholder engagement identifying the impact on the Financial Statement processes and controls and consequently the future testing programme.
Who we're looking for
We are looking for an adaptable and versatile individual who is seeking a challenging role where they can make a real impact. You will have significant experience engaging with senior stakeholders and you’ll thrive in a high-pressured environment driven by strict deadlines and competing demands. Your nature will need to be one of inquisitiveness, as well as having an appetite to challenge and improve existing processes. You will have a desire to successfully engage and influence all areas of the business in order to drive the risk and control agenda.
As a minimum requirement, you’ll:
• Be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA).
• Have a minimum of 2-3 years’ experience of either internal or external audit experience.
• Have experience in building strong working relationships with the ability to influence.
• It would be nice if you also had:
• Line management experience
• SoX experience
What you'll be doing
Your responsibilities will include the following:
Derive the testing plan, defining the level of testing and areas of focus with a clear rationale for the approach taken.
Manage and lead the delivery of the testing plan.
• Communicate testing results to business stakeholders, providing insight into root cause of findings and supporting the business to close the control gap or ineffectiveness.
• Proactively engaging with stakeholders to identify and evaluate changes to processes and controls impacting the financial statements. Capturing change or new processes into process maps and control documentation and assessing impact on future testing plans.
• Supporting and educating the business on the finance policies.
• People performance management, motivating and developing the team.
• Seeking out ways to improve external audit reliance and drive efficiency.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So, if you help us do the right thing for our customers, we’ll help further your career at Nationwide. As well as your salary, there’s life assurance, a pension and a recognition and rewards scheme. We think it’s a great place to work, and we’re not afraid of giving you praise when you’ve done well.