Financial Crime Analyst
- Location Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary £19,647 - £21,830
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 22/10/2018
- Ref R001500357
• Financial Crime Analyst in our head offices in Swindon
• £19,647 - £21,830 a year on a Permanent contract, working 35 hours per week
• Send in your application by 22/10/2018.
The Financial Crime department are responsible for protecting Nationwide and its members from all types of financial crime, including; money laundering, terrorist financing, sanctions compliance and bribery and corruption. This role is in a department with; an outstanding reputation, captivating subject matter and industry leading results that will see you work alongside advanced detection systems, reacting to ever changing methods of financial crime, whilst striving to deliver exceptional customer experience.
The Financial Crime Analyst is responsible for carrying out thorough investigations on Nationwide’s customer base in order to identify potential risks to the Society, and engaging with law enforcement as appropriate.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum requirement you must have:
• Knowledge of Nationwide’s products, processes and systems, focusing banking and savings and supporting distribution channels.
• Proven knowledge and understanding AML processes and systems and utilisation of these.
• Proven investigation experience, inclusive of data analysis and decision making.
• Knowledge of anti-money laundering / combating terrorist financing regulation and legislation.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills, and high attention to detail and the ability to produce quality documentation and reporting.
• Strong time management, prioritisation and organisation skills.
It would be nice if you also had:
• ICA Financial Crime or AML qualification
• Awareness and understanding of wider aspects of financial crime regulation and legislation relating to AML, Sanctions and predicate offences such as fraud.
What you'll be doing
• Conducting thorough investigations into suspicions / alerts of Money Laundering in a timely manner whilst maintaining a high level of quality
• Writing timely and concise Suspicious Activity Reports to the National Crime Agency.
• Collating timely and accurate responses to court order and information requests from law enforcement agencies.
• Receiving and reviewing referrals relating to high risk members from screening / detection systems, business areas and public sources and confirming matches
• Performing detailed customer risk assessments on members utilising multiple internal and external data sources, making recommendations relating to the future management of these relationships in line with internal risk appetite.
• Completing enhanced due diligence and ongoing monitoring activities in respect of Sanctions, PEP (Politically Exposed Person) and other high-risk individuals/entities.
• Making and receiving phone calls both internally and externally for example from law enforcement, other financial institutions and members.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme