Committee and Reporting Administrator - 6 Month Fixed Term Contract
- Location Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary £23,341 - £33,714
- Contract type Fixed Term Contract
- Closing date 21/05/2018
- Ref R001900523
- A Committee and Reporting Administrator, based in offices in Optimus or Nationwide House – Swindon
- Salary £23,341 - £33,714 (dependent on skills, experience and current remuneration), based on a 6 month, 35-hour week, Fixed Term Contract
- Please submit your application by 21st May 2018
This is a unique and exciting opportunity where you will be working with Executives across Operations, IT & Resilience, to ensure Meetings, Reviews and Forums have true and accurate documentation and records. This will be involve being in the meetings where key decisions get made, supporting the Chair by capturing all of the conversations that inform the outcome and circulating these afterwards as succinct Meeting Minutes.
Covering a variety of meetings across different teams, you will see how our Community manages its Performance, tunes its Controls and Mitigates Risk, helping you build your own insight into strategic and operational decision making.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum requirement you'll:
- Be versatile, willing to cover new topics with new people frequently and stay focused, sometimes switching at short notice to ensure we always provide cover for meetings
- Be a great listener, swift and accurate in your note taking, diligent about spelling and grammar
- Be super organised – at points in the month meetings can come thick and fast and you have to stay on track with your pre and post meeting work
- Be independent and self-reliant because the long term record of that meeting is whatever you capture in the Minutes
- Be confident amongst Senior Stakeholders
As a six month secondment you will have the opportunity to learn the importance of good Governance to a Community like Operations, IT & Resilience as well as get insight into the objectives many different teams. You’ll get to experience what it is like day-to-day to work for and with Senior Managers and Executives and reflect on your own skills and personal profile.
What you'll be doing
You’ll work as part of a small team who work together to deliver an essential service to meetings in Operations, IT & Resilience in the scope of Senior Manager Regime and involving Material Risk Takers.
- Be involved in ensuring meetings are set up with suitable venues and that invites and papers have been distributed
- Attend the meetings, to capture actions, decisions and the conversations that led up to them
- Following the meeting, to turn the notes into formal Minutes of the meeting and agree these with the Chair then distribute
- Work as a team to ensure all meetings, primarily across Nationwide House and Optimus, are covered and put this into a monthly plan
- Generate ideas for how the team can operate more efficiently and effectively and put these into practice
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So, if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us. As part of our team you’ll get:
- Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career.
- Pension scheme whereby if you pay 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- The ability to ‘buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
- Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
- Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme