Data Manager CoE
- Location Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary £50,840 - £73,436
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 19/10/2018
- Ref R002500079
• A Data Centre of Expertise Manager in our Head Office in Swindon, South West England.
• Salary: £50,337 - £72,709, on a permanent basis. Salary package dependent on skills and experience.
• Send in your application by 19th October 2018.
We’re writing the next chapter of our Society’s history with a refreshed data strategy that helps us adapt to the ever-changing needs of our members and colleagues. Data underpins all five cornerstones of Nationwide’s strategy; it is a fundamental enabler for achieving our ambition of building society, nationwide.
The Data & Analytics community is building a world-leading capability that empowers our colleagues to deliver legendary service to our members. As part of that community, you will play a key role in enhancing, protecting and advocating for high quality, safe, robust and useable data, starting with our most vital data set – member data.
Specifically, you’ll lead a Data Centre of Expertise team that works on Nationwide’s most significant projects and programmes as well as local small change initiatives. You’ll develop a vision for this new team and work with your colleagues in the Data & Analytics Community and around the business to make that vision a reality. You will guide, influence and police how the Society collects and uses member data, so that we and our members can trust the data we use to open, operate and enhance our product and services.
Who we're looking for
We’re looking for someone who can demonstrate the following competences:
• Data management: Experience of managing and resolving data issues and security incidents. The ability to propose and deliver solutions where there are conflicting regulatory, data governance and business requirements. The ability to consider ethical and conduct implications of issues and work with senior stakeholders to design acceptable solutions.
• Proven track record: Demonstrable experience in leading and influencing change to deliver effective enterprise capabilities that meet data governance best practice. Sound stakeholder management skills and a history of delivering analysis and advice capabilities.
• Drive for results: Experience of delivering work alongside senior business leaders to protect and control, business data, increase its maturity and realise greater value from it.
• Enabling technology: Deep expertise of data structures and applications across member and account domains (eg CIS, Portrait, Transform, financial crime database) and processes (eg change of personal details, data capture on account opening, branch and contact centre processes)
• Leadership and communication: Highly influential, with exceptional written and verbal communication and leadership skills. Ability to deliver highly-effective subject matter expertise regarding member data, capabilities, tools and processes, to both internal and external stakeholders, and senior-level community leaders.
• Team management: Experience of managing teams of data and business analysts, in business as usual (advice, design and advocacy), issues management (root cause investigation) and incident response modes.
What you'll be doing
• Data quality strategy: Defining the target state of Nationwide’s enterprise data quality capability, producing and a roadmap and a comprehensive plan and delivering that strategy. From start to finish, you’ll be responsible for envisioning and delivering this capability for Nationwide.
• Running a consultancy service: Providing advice to projects and change teams on data, resolving security incidents, setting data standards that mitigate or avoid data issues and help us get the most out of our data. Advocating for those standards with senior stakeholders.
• Project support: Advice, guidance and advocacy for high-quality, governed member data across Nationwide’s large IT programmes.
• Member data improvement programme: Support for root cause analysis, setting standards, guidelines and business validation rules.
• Data protection: Supporting security incidents.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our customers, we’ll help further your career at Nationwide. As well as your salary, there’s life insurance a pension and a recognition and rewards scheme. We think it’s a great place to work, and we’re not afraid of giving you praise when you’ve done well.