Data Manager (Data Quality)
- Location Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary £50,840 - £73,436
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 19/10/2018
- Ref R002500078
• A Data Quality Manager in our Head Office in Swindon, South West England.
• Salary: £50,337 - £72,709, on a permanent basis. Salary package dependent on skills and experience.
• Send in your application by 19th October 2018.
We’re writing the next chapter of our Society’s history with a refreshed data strategy that helps us adapt to the ever-changing needs of our members and colleagues. Data underpins all five cornerstones of Nationwide’s strategy; it is a fundamental enabler for achieving our ambition of building society, nationwide.
The Data & Analytics community is building a world-leading capability that empowers our colleagues to deliver legendary service to our members. As part of that community, you will play a key role in defining and implementing the new Data Marketplace & Governance framework.
Specifically, you’ll lead a Data Quality team that works on Nationwide’s most significant IT projects and programmes as well as local small change initiatives. You’ll develop a vision for an enterprise data quality capability and work with your colleagues in the Data & Analytics Community and around the business to make that vision a reality.
Who we're looking for
We’re looking for someone who can demonstrate the following competences:
• Data management: Strong knowledge of enterprise data lifecycle management and associated tools, techniques and methodologies, including experience of defining and delivering enterprise data quality capabilities.
• Proven track record: Demonstrable experience in leading data management projects and implementing enterprise data quality capabilities, with sound knowledge and experience of other data disciplines. Sound stakeholder management skills and a history of delivering data quality capability.
• Drive for results: Experience of delivering work alongside senior business leaders to protect and control, business data, increase its maturity and realise greater value from it.
• Enabling technology: Experience of utilising strategic tools to enable and realise the data strategy. Experience of identifying requirements associated with effective data management technologies including data quality, data reconciliation, lineage and metadata.
• Leadership and communication: Highly influential, with exceptional written and verbal communication and leadership skills. Ability to deliver highly-effective subject matter expertise regarding Data Quality services, capabilities, tools and processes, to both internal and external stakeholders, and senior-level community leaders.
• Team management: Experience of managing teams in project, business as usual and incident response modes.
What you'll be doing
• Data quality strategy: Defining the target state of Nationwide’s enterprise data quality capability, producing and a roadmap and a comprehensive plan and delivering that strategy. From start to finish, you’ll be responsible for envisioning and delivering this capability for Nationwide.
• Project support: Managing a team to provide data profiling, quality measurement, monitoring lineage, metadata, reconciliation, root cause analysis and scorecard development services to our projects.
• Implementing methodologies / frameworks: Supporting the rollout of new data governance policy.
• Data protection: Supporting security incidents.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our customers, we’ll help further your career at Nationwide. As well as your salary, there’s life insurance a pension and a recognition and rewards scheme. We think it’s a great place to work, and we’re not afraid of giving you praise when you’ve done well.