Risk & Controls Consultant
- Location Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary £30,506 - £44,065
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 21/10/2018
- Ref R002100200
• A Risk Consultant in our Governance & Control team, based at our Head Office in Swindon
• £30,506- £33,896
• Applications are invited until Sunday 21 October 2018.
Are you an enthusiastic and motivated individual who embraces challenges and has a desire to learn in a supportive environment?
If so, this may be the role for you! Our goal is to support decision making and ensure we offer the right outcomes for our Members. For this vital role, we need a risk consultant who can provide expert analysis, management information (MI) and reports to support the management of risks and controls.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum, you’ll have:
• An aptitude for analysing large amounts of data, generating insight and providing recommendations.
• Experience in producing formal papers for Senior Management and Committees
• Have the ability and initiative to learn advanced excel skills to develop and maintain risk reporting dashboards
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills to produce high quality reports
• The ability to work to tight deadlines and meet stakeholder expectations when producing reports and MI on weekly, monthly and quarterly cycles.
• Experience in stakeholder engagement at a senior level. (Presenting proposals, influence decision making)
What you'll be doing
• Supporting the management and collation of Management Information (MI). This will include metrics, incident and loss trends and management actions.
• Assisting the design, build and implementation of various reporting packs and dashboards ensuring timely completion of high quality reporting.
• Providing insightful commentary for internal reports, taking multiple internal and external data points to produce robust recommendations
• Identify opportunities to improve processes and drive efficiency
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So, if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme