Risk & Controls Manager
- Location Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary Competitive
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 21/10/2018
- Ref R002100201
• A Risk & Controls Manager supporting governance for the Product & Propositions Community, based in Swindon
• £42,370 - £47,078 per annum based on a 35 hour week
• Send in your application by Sunday 21 October 2018
To succeed in this role, you’ll be an experienced governance professional with great organisational and communication skills, and be proactive in suggesting solutions. You won’t be thrown by challenges.
You’ll be confident in dealing with the fast pace of life in our area as we work to evolve and maintain the Society’s end-to-end proposition governance model.
Organised, professional and meticulous, you’ll have no problem managing a high volume and complex workload and will have experience in coordinating and attending key management committees.
It’s important that you can establish and develop relationships with colleagues across the business at the highest level.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum requirement you’ll:
• Have significant experience in financial services, ideally in a governance role.
• Be able to deal with a high volume, complex and varied workload.
• Be able to prioritise and deal with conflicting priorities, delivering in a fast-paced environment.
• Have strong relationship management, negotiating, impact and influencing skills at all levels, especially when under pressure.
• Have excellent attention to detail and be able to produce governance materials (minutes, agendas, action trackers) to the highest standards.
• Have great people skills, including experience in coaching, mentoring and empowering others.
It would be nice if you also had:
• A degree or equivalent
• Sound knowledge of the UK Code of Corporate Governance and FCA SYSC Requirements
What you'll be doing
• In this high-profile role as part of the first line governance team overseeing the Society’s propositions and distribution channels, you will be responsible for running at least one of the Society’s proposition governance committees, working closely with Product Directors to ensure the effectiveness of the end-to-end governance model. This will include key support activities such as setting agendas and taking minutes, but more importantly challenging and influencing to ensure that rigorous governance standards are established, evolved and maintained.
• You will also be responsible for identifying any new governance topics/issues impacting the business area, project managing and liaising with senior management, as required.
• From time to time you will also be required to lead the production/collation of Financial Regulators requested governance information and ad-hoc governance activity on behalf of the Community.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So, if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme