Security Consultant (Control Testers Lead- Control Testing & Assurance )
- Location Swindon, Bournemouth, South West England
- Salary Competitive
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 30/06/2018
- Ref R001900586
- A number of Control Testing Leads, within our Control Testing & Assurance team, located in either our Swindon or Bournemouth offices
- Salary Circa £45,000 a year (dependent on skills, experience and current remuneration) based on a permanent, 35 hours per week contract
- Send in your application by 30th June 2018
We have an exciting opportunity to join the control testing and assurance team in an organisation committed to being financial safe and secure and resilient.
You will be part of an evolving and dynamic Control Testing Team, responsible for delivering testing design and operational effectiveness of enterprise wide & 3rd Party controls across IT and Business Protection, Cyber and Information Security. The ideal candidate will bring experience in IT and Controls Testing, excellent stakeholder management, who can manage a portfolio of reviews with meticulous written communication skills.
You will be working closely with the Operations & Delivery teams to ensure that we provide the first line defence of assurance through identifying and reporting control weaknesses.
Who we're looking for
To be successful you will be agile, who thrives within a continuously improving environment, an effective communicator, who excels at influencing others and building good relationships. At times, you will be working alone, to tight deadlines at short-notice and will need a good level of personal resilience and self-motivation.
As a minimum requirement, you’ll have:
- Practical experience in leading, planning, scoping, delivering and reporting of Control Testing.
- IT and/or Cyber knowledge, including IT Development, Production and Run, Service Availability and Service Recovery.
- The ability to comprehend and assimilate information rapidly whilst working in diverse complex business areas.
- The ability to conduct in-depth design and operational effectiveness control testing, apply stress testing, and understand control performance in the context of business outcomes.
- The ability to produce clear, comprehensive and concise terms of reference, review working papers and draft reports for approval. Raise and document control issues and track resolution, including follow up work, in a timely and thorough manner;
- Experience of presenting findings to senior management and support with creating recommendations and the agreement of appropriate problem-solving actions
- Experience of developing and maintaining professional business relationships with key contacts up to director level; Manage key relationship through the provision of controls advice reporting control deficiencies and progress of risk mitigation plans owned by the business.
- The following qualifications/experience would be desirable: CISSP, CISM, ITIL, ISO 27001, COBIT, ISF Controls Framework, NIST
What you'll be doing
Reporting directly to the Senior Manager Controls Testing Team your role will be;
- Interpreting complex and sometimes conflicting MI while supporting business objectives, giving attention to both the detail and the big picture.
- Dynamic and strategic minded with an eye on current as well as emerging risk scenarios, identifying and weighing possible alternatives and making recommendations based on customer and operational risk. This is an on-going requirement for financial services institutions.
- Communicating to Senior Executives pertinent details about identified threats, risk and response activity; Develop, influence and maintain professional business relationships with key contacts up to director Level.
- Developing working relationships with external suppliers – for suppliers of security capability to promote individual partnerships and build trust.
- As directed, sharing of information with Risk, Control and Audit Functions to ensure visibility, oversight and challenge (where appropriate).
- Liaising with risk management areas in the business, where appropriate. Communicating regularly and effectively with other members of the department, to ensure that they are aware that the department’s future work remains focused on the most significant areas of risk.
- Liaising with other control areas in the business where appropriate to co-ordinate scope and timing of work
- Communicating regularly and effectively with other members of the department to ensure that; work is appropriately co-ordinated; relevant findings and common themes are identified and comprehensively reported to the team.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
- Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
- Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
- Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
- Access to a Healthcare scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme