Technology Development Programme 2019
- Location Swindon, South West England
- Salary Competitive
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 31/12/2018
- Ref R00ET00156
Technology Development Programme
• Location: Swindon Head Office
• Salary: £28,000 annually, plus performance based bonus and employee benefits
• Permanent, full time contract, working 35-hours per week
• Start date: 2 intakes: April 2019 or September 2019
Are you interested in becoming a technology specialist? And are you ambitious and logical in your thinking? Our 18-month Technology Development Programme will give you the training and experience you need to build a successful future in IT.
Nationwide is investing over £4billion in growth and transformation so it’s never been a more exciting time to join. We are currently recruiting for specialist roles within Software Engineering, Cyber Security, Data and Analytics, Infrastructure Development and IT Operations.
Join TDP and you’ll be making an impact by helping us stay at the forefront of leading edge technology. You’ll build your commercial knowhow and benefit from both personal development and professional qualifications. How far you go is up to you. In turn, we’ll reward you with flexible working, a competitive salary and a workplace culture to be proud of.
Who we're looking for
People who want to develop a career in IT, and have the passion and determination to grow, develop and learn. We’re more interested in your ambition, curiosity and ability to think logically than your education, so you could be a recent grad or a career changer.
Ideally, you also:
• Have a background in a STEM subject
• Can pay attention to detail while understanding the bigger picture
• Are a natural problem solver
• Can build and maintain strong working relationships
What you'll be doing
We’ll work with you to find the best area suited to your skills, interests and potential. You could be:
• Dealing with the Cyber Security opportunities and challenges presented by Open Banking, Cloud-based services and new technologies
• Enhancing user experience, dealing with live incidents and supporting on going innovation in Software Engineering
• Working with Data and Analytics, which underpins our refreshed strategy and represents an important opportunity for continued growth.
• Improving your coding skills or learning from scratch in order to continually improve our service and build new applications.
For more information on the TDP, please visit our website at https://www.nationwide-jobs.co.uk/students-graduates/technology-development-programme/
The extras you'll get
As well as a permanent contract and a competitive starting salary (£28,000 pa), as a valued member of the team we offer you:
• Performance based annual bonus and benefits
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your skills
• 24 days holiday, plus Bank Holidays
• The option to 'buy' up to 10 days more holiday
• A company pension where if you pay 7% we'll top it up to 23%
• Relocation assistance where applicable