Technology Development Programme (Graduate) 2018
- Location Swindon, South West England
- £28,000 - £28,000
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 26/03/2018
- Ref R00ET00129
• Location: Swindon Head Office
• Salary: £28,000 annually, plus performance based bonus and employee benefits
• Permanent, full time contract, working 35-hours per week
• Send in your application by 5th February 2018
• Start date: Early September 2018
We’re looking for Graduates to join our Technical Development programme in 2018. This scheme will provide the successful applicant with an opportunity to put their skills to the test within a live and changing environment. You’ll already have a strong desire to develop your career in IT, you’ll have commitment to providing excellent customer service and have the aptitude to solve problems and think strategically. Along with having a degree, you’ll also be able to pass our online assessments as part of the application process.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum requirement, you’ll:
• Have studied at degree level
• Pass the online assessments
It would also be nice if you also had:
• A strong desire to develop your career in IT
• A passion and determination to grow, develop and learn
• A background in science, technology, maths or engineering (STEM)
• The ability to see potential improvements and be confident to put suggestions forward
• A commitment to providing excellent service to our customers and employees
• Commercial acumen and the ability to assess risk
• Delivery focused and able to manage ambiguity
• The aptitude to solve problems and think strategically
• A proven ability to build and maintain strong working relationships
We accept applications from both full and part-time applicants. For successful part-time applicants, the programme will be extended. This is because the majority of the learning is on the job, so more time will be needed in order to reach the required levels of knowledge and skills, which won’t be achieved as quickly with part-time hours.
Successful applicants may be required to attend all day events run externally as well as the occasional overnight stay, in order to gain the full benefits of this learning and the programme you'll need to be able to attend for the duration. We'll ensure as much notice as possible will be given when this is needed.
What you'll be doing
Our Technical Development Programme falls under our Operations & Delivery community
As part of the programme you’ll be developing technical knowledge specific to your community and business area. This could be in a team ensuring we maintain a 24/7 service, to protecting customer information and enhancing the customer experience.
We’ll offer you a first-hand view on how the parts of our business work together, providing great personal development as well as professional qualifications. We’ll give you a breadth of experience early in your career to help you reach your full potential and build your technical experience. We need you to be technically orientated, passionate about change, and able to excel at keeping things on track.
You could be based in a range of technical areas where during the programme you may get the chance to work with our global high tech partners across the UK and India.
Day-to-day you could be working in areas such as technical design, development, security, infrastructure, projects, supporting governance, treasury or helping keep the lights on for our members in IT operations. We’ll work with you to find the best area suited to your skills and potential.
The extras you'll get
To help you reach your full potential we’ll:
• Give you a real job from day 1
• Give you exposure to senior business leaders through mentoring relationships, and their sponsorship of the programme
• Provide 1-2-1 support from our Emerging Talent Placement Managers throughout your time on the programme
• Get you involved with real business projects with stretching goals
• Increase your business acumen, including commercial and strategic awareness
• Further develop your core skills, such as communication, presentation and influencing
• Help you secure your first ‘off programme’ role at the end of the programme
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So, if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x notional your salary
• Accident cover worth 3x notional salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to ‘buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
• Relocation Assistance where applicable