Technology Development Programme Industrial Placement 2019
- Location Swindon, South West England
- Salary Competitive
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 31/12/2018
- Ref R00ET00156
Technology Development Programme – Industrial Placement
- Location: Swindon, Head Office
- Salary: £17,682 annually, plus performance based bonus and employee benefits
- Fixed Term Contract, full time, working 35-hours per week
- Start date: September 2019
We’re looking for undergraduates to join our 12 month IT Industrial Placement where you’ll be aligned to one of our key technical areas. Areas that we are currently recruiting for include, Software Engineering, Cyber Security, Data and Analytics, Infrastructure Development and IT Operations.
Like other employers you could be considering, we need placement students who are go-getters; ambitious, driven, and full of curiosity.
But, we’re different too. Very different. Because at Nationwide, as well as having the enormous scope of a top financial services provider, we’re a mutual, here to provide the best for our 15 million members. That means investing in people and technology, researching and innovating to deliver the products and services our members deserve.
And we’ve remained true to our roots. ‘Building society, nationwide’ is more than providing mortgages – it’s supporting our local communities, funding housing initiatives, doing the right thing.
So, on our Industrial Placements, you really can have it all. Head and heart. Leading edge opportunities and social purpose.
Who we're looking for
We’re all about the power of the collective, so you’ll be using your excellent communication skills to build strong and lasting working relationships. You’ll be a quick learner, inquisitive, always focused on solutions and have the tenacity to bring them to life. In this digital age, we need people who are familiar with all the apps and devices that make our world go around too.
You’ll thrive in this Industrial Placement if you have:
- Studied for a STEM subject (Science, Technology, Engineering or Maths)
- A keen interest in computer science and information systems
- Drive to learn and improve and are looking for a challenge
- A positive, tenacious and solution focused mindset
What you'll be doing
During your Industrial Placement you’ll be aligned to one of our key technical areas. We’re investing more than ever in the future pipeline of technology specialists, so we can keep Nationwide at the forefront of innovative leading edge technology. We view our Industrial Placements as a potential feed into our Technology Development Programme so after university if you want further development and a career this is a good place to start.
For more information on the TDP, please visit our website at https://www.nationwide-jobs.co.uk/students-graduates/technology-development-programme/
The extras you'll get
To help you meet your potential we’ll:
- Give you a real job from day 1
- Give you exposure to senior business leaders through mentoring relationships, and their sponsorship of the programme
- Provide 1-2-1 support from our dedicated team throughout the programme
- Give you access to training to help you progress and develop your skills and career, for example, the technology learning platform for IT professionals – Pluralsight
- Get you involved with real business projects with stretching goals
- Further develop your core skills, such as communication and presentation skills
- Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
- 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- Relocation assistance (if applicable)