IT Degree Apprenticeship 2018
- Location Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary £15,925 - £15,925
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 28/05/2018
- Ref R00ET00145
• Location: Nationwide House, Swindon
• Salary: £15,925 annually, plus performance based bonus and employee benefits
• Permanent, full time contract, working 35-hours per week
• Degree Apprenticeship over a period of 4 and a half years
• Start date: 1st October 2018
Do you like working with IT? Do you want to develop an exciting career in this growing industry? Do you want to gain valuable skills and qualifications while you earn?
We’re looking for talented individuals to join our Technical Practice or IT Operations Teams on a Digital & Technology Solutions Degree Apprenticeship.
The first 18 months of the apprenticeship will develop your fundamental IT experience covering information infrastructure, data management, cyber security and IT project management. In years 3 and 4, you’ll work in a preferred area of choice in a role more directly related to the path you have chosen on your degree.
The format of the Apprenticeship qualifications that you’ll achieve are detailed below:
Stage 1: Level 4 Duration: 18 months - Certificate of Higher Education (Digital and Technology Solutions)
Stage 2: Level 5 Duration: 18 months - Diploma of Education (Digital and Technology Solutions)
Stage 3: Level 6 Duration: 18 months - BSc (hons) Digital and Technology Solutions
This Apprenticeship can lead to further professional development, leadership and specialist roles as well as opening a career path with the world’s largest Building Society. We’re looking to discover talent for the future in this business area through this progressive role.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum requirement, you’ll:
• Have obtained or be predicted to obtain 104+ UCAS points
• Have achieved a Grade ‘C’ in Mathematics and English Language GCSE (or equivalent)
• Pass the online assessments
• Need to be living in the UK
• Be enthusiastic and keen to continuously learn and improve
• Show excellent communications skills
• Be a good team player
You need to have a keen desire to learn new information, processes and to improve yourself and your skills. You’ll also need good communication skills, both written and verbal.
It would be nice if you also had:
• An interest in designing and delivering technical solutions
• Good attention to detail
• Enjoy the challenge of problem solving
• Excellent interpersonal skills
What you'll be doing
You’ll work to achieve a Degree Apprenticeship in Digital & Technology Solutions. You’ll receive a full company induction, on the job training plan, development and support from Nationwide as well as your own Training Provider Assessor. You’ll have the opportunity to do all the tasks required as a team member and have all the coaching and support that you need to ensure you succeed and shine in your new job.
We have opportunities in several different teams and you could find yourself involved in any of the following:
• Developing functional and technical solutions
• Working with cutting edge technology
• Collating, analysing and assessing data to build data models
• Meeting lead users from business areas to understand their requirements and outline architectures
• Reviewing processes and looking for opportunities to refine and improve them
• Collaborating with other IT teams
• Work with our high profile chosen partners to develop our systems
You’ll be working in a team, with a wide range of support. Whilst you’ll take responsibility for your own work, you’ll be able to escalate any issues to your colleagues when appropriate.
As a Digital & Technology Solutions Degree Apprentice, you will also be part of our Technology Development Programme (TDP). The programme has been designed to equip you with the skills, experience and technical knowledge that will help you launch a successful and rewarding career in IT.
The extras you'll get
• Give you a real job from day 1
• Give you exposure to senior business leaders through mentoring relationships, and their sponsorship of the programme
• Give you the opportunity to work with our global high-tech partners across the UK.
• Get you involved with real business projects with stretching goals
• Increase your business acumen, including commercial and strategic awareness
• Further develop your core skills, such as communication, presentation and influencing
• Allow you to put the theory into practice, applying everything you learn to real-world business issues
• Provide you with professional qualifications
• Support you with a great network of buddies and mentors.
We'll offer you a first-hand view on how the parts of our business work together, providing great personal development as well as professional qualifications. Our aim is to give you exposure to a breadth of experience early in your career to help you reach your full potential and build your technical experience.
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So, if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x notional your salary
• Accident cover worth 3x notional salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to ‘buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme