Junior Systems Specialist Functional
- Location Swindon Head Office, South West England
- £30,204 - £43,628
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 30/03/2018
- Ref R002000169
• An HR Junior Systems Functional Specialist in our Swindon Head Office
• £30,204 - £43,628 a year (dependant on current salary and banding)
• On a full time 35 hours a week, permanent contract
• Send in your application by 30th March 2018
We are recruiting a HR Junior Systems Functional Specialist in the MyCareer Analytics & TalentLink team within HR Systems. The successful applicant will be providing systems advice and guidance, configuration and problem-solving skills to stakeholders across the business for the MyCareer, Analytics and TalentLink systems, assisting the Systems Specialists and deputising where appropriate.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum requirement you’ll have either:
• Operational support or configuration knowledge of Oracle HCM cloud.
• An understanding of HR MI tools and requirements, with experience working with, and configuring, Oracle Analytics.
• Knowledge and configuration experience of Lumesse TalentLink with an understanding of recruitment requirements.
• Experience of Business Requirements and Impact Assessment documentation for system changes and defect resolution.
• A mix of interpersonal and problem-solving skills which enable you to understand the needs of the business and drive out practical solutions.
What you'll be doing
In this role, you will;
• Provide assistance and support on defect resolution, required system changes, development and required customisations to third party system providers.
• Proactively propose and implement improvements to the current configuration with the aim of simplifying operations and improving business processes.
• Review and recommend new areas of functionality within the systems suite and make recommendations to the HR Functional Consultants.
• Develop and implement configuration changes to the MyCareer, Analytics and TalentLink systems.
• Provide advice and guidance around system interfaces to the Service Delivery team and to users across the business.
• Investigate and complete root cause analysis of defects and develop the appropriate solutions.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our customers, we’ll help further your career at Nationwide. As well as your salary, there’s life assurance, healthcare, a pension and a recognition and rewards scheme. We think it’s a great place to work and we’re not afraid of giving you praise when you’ve done well.