- Location Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary £23,574 - £34,051
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 27/11/2018
- Ref R002000234
- A Pension Administrator at our Head Office in Swindon
- £23,574 – £34,051 a year (depending on current salary and banding), based on a permanent, 35 hours per week contract.
Do you have a passion for working with numbers and would like to be part of an award-winning team? If the answer is ‘yes’, we have an exciting opportunity for you to further your career within our industry-leading Pensions team.
We’re proud to say that our Pensions team are not only the custodians of our Nationwide Pension Fund (NPF) scheme, which has c30,000 members and 5 billion pounds worth of assets, but also look after our 12,000 employees who are in our Group Personal Pension (GPP) scheme.
The team are dedicated to investing in their people, helping them to develop their careers, and you’d get in-house training plus the opportunity to study for membership to Certificate in Pension’s Calculations (CPC) and Pensions Management Institute (PMI).
Over recent years the team have been recognised both internally and externally for their outstanding service. Winning the ‘Team of the Year’ award at the annual Nationwide Awards, ‘Best DC Communication Strategy’ at Pensions Insight Awards, ‘Best Communication’ at Pensions Age Awards, and ‘DC Scheme of the Year 2017’, ‘Best Communications Strategy’ and ‘Best Administration’ at the Professional Pensions Awards.
Did you know?
Nationwide are dedicated to helping employees plan for their future. We were one of the first organisations to introduce a maximum additional contribution ‘default’ to its Pension members. Meaning employees have to ‘opt out’ of paying additional contributions to their pension each year.
Nationwide will match your additional contribution £ for £ up to a maximum of 3%. To be in the GPP, you have to save 4% of your salary each month into your pension pot and Nationwide adds an extra 13%.
But if you save an extra 3% in additional contributions then Nationwide will add an extra 3% too so that makes 23% going into your pension each month just for a 7% contribution from you.
Who we're looking for
We’re looking for someone with a genuine interest in Pensions and a strong Mathematical ability.
As a minimum requirement, you'll have:
- Excellent numeracy and mathematical skills with a good working knowledge of the standard IT packages
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and organise your day
- Experience of working in a customer facing role
- Strong interpersonal skills and being able to communicate across all levels with both internal and external departments
- Enthusiastic with a keen eye for detail with accurate keying skills
You will be a self-motivated, proactive and have excellent time management skills
It would be nice if you also had:
- Defined Benefit pensions experience is desirable.
- Progression towards, or completion of CPC or equivalent.
- A Level maths or equivalent
What you'll be doing
Our Pensions team do all their administration in-house, meaning as a Pensions Administrator you’ll be involved in calculations, accounts and communications. You’ll have direct contact with our employees dealing with their queries, and supporting the wider team with administrative tasks where required.
Day to day, you’ll be:
- Running automated systems calculations and performing manual benefit calculations
- A diverse range of tasks including administering the Nationwide Pensions Fund which has approximately 30,000 members. These include calculating and paying out retirement and death benefits and keying data changes.
- Updating the pension administration database and payroll system
- Delivering excellent customer services skills to handle enquiries from scheme members, and dealing with sensitive matters accurately and in a timely manner
- To conduct one to one Pensions Consultations to all levels of employees across the Society on a regular basis or as requested by the member
- Supporting the wider team with additional tasks where required
- Working closely with other teams both internal and external to provide a total service to our members
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme