Senior Reward & Benefits Manager
- Location Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary £54,231 - £88,126
- Contract type Fixed Term Contract
- Closing date 28/01/2019
- Ref R002000265
- A Senior Manager, Reward & Benefits
- Based at our Head Office in Swindon
- Full time, 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
- Company Car or Allowance worth £4656 per annum
It is a really exciting time to join the HR team at Nationwide. We have an ambitous strategy and culture change agenda, so we need to ensure that our approach to reward and recognition enables us to attract and retain the talented people we need for the future
In this role you lead a review of our approach to employee recognition - delivering a refreshed proposition that is aligned to our strategy, target culture and values, as well as providing support and consultancy on a number of other reward deliverables as required.
Who we're looking for
We’re looking for someone with a breadth of experience in reward, benefits and recognition - in particular the successful canidate must have experience in the design, delivery and implementation of employee recognition propositions.
You’ll be creative, flexible and a strong communicator who can engage with wide ranging stakeholders, able to translate organisational strategy and values and modern market best practice into a strong, appropriate and motivating recognition offering.
We have a huge change agenda in the HR team at the moment, so you will also have the opportunity to get involved in a wider range of projects and initiatives which link to recognition. So we are definitely looking for someone who thrives in a challenging environment and will get stuck in to support the wider team when required.
As a minimum criteria you’ll need:
- A background in reward and recognition with a deep knowledge of modern and best practice across the reward, benefits and recognition landscape
- Proven track record of delivering compelling reward/recogntion strategies that have a positive impact on business performance as well as recruitment and retention of talent
- Demonstratable experience of delivering systems solutions for recognition, benefits etc
- Experience in the design and delivery of full flexible benefits
- The ability to influence a broad range of stakeholders
- Ideally have previous experience as a senior manager working in a similar scale organisation
- To be someone who is good with numbers – modelling and forecasting supports the recommendations we make
- To be a clear, creative thinker and communicator both verbally and in writing
What you'll be doing
Main responsibilities will include:
- Accountable for the development, design and delivery of the Society’s Recognition Proposition, collaborating with colleagues in our Culture, Engagement & Inclusion team
- Lead and/or contribute to broader Reward and HR projects as required
- Provision of effective advice and guidance on Recognition and a variety of other reward issues as required
- Carry out research, providing advice to senior management on reward and recognition trends and best practice to facilitate the attraction, motivation and retention of employees
- Take the lead on capturing, developing and disseminating technical best practice for agreed reward areas e.g. recognition
- Support Union negotiations to facilitate successful outcomes
- Work with key stakeholders to develop communication and implementation stategy for recognition
- Management within agreed budgets and forecasts
- Quality, accuracy and reliability of modelling and forecasting
- Maintenance of an effective and proportionate control environment around reward and recognition: e.g. internal alignment and consistency, Regulatory Compliance, etc.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
- Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
- Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- 30 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
- Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
- Access to an annual bonus scheme
- Company car or allowance