Strategic Workforce Planning Manager
- Location Swindon, South West England
- Salary Competitive
- Contract type Fixed Term Contract
- Closing date 09/05/2019
- Ref R002000312
Senior Manager, Resourcing – Strategic Workforce Planning
Circa £70,000 to £80,000
This newly created role sits within the Resourcing team at Nationwide (Which sits in the People & Culture community) and will drive our demand planning activity around the business, working with different communities to understand their demand, so we can plan effectively.
Reporting into the Director of Resourcing, this role will come in initially to continue some great work underway, but we need an individual who can move us from functional demand planning, into a more strategic, data driven space where we can provide insight to drive decisions.
Ultimately, we are aiming to move from a functional Demand Planning team, into a market leader in Strategic Workforce Planning. To do so, we need this role to engage with the business to gain their buy in, and work with the Demand Planning Manager to expand his scope of work.
Who we're looking for
Qualifications, Experience, and Knowledge:
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to advise, challenge & influence at a senior level within the business
- Significant experience in demand planning or strategic workforce planning,
- Strong Programme management experience with experience of managing significant strategic business change
- Ability to think strategically and make connections across large portfolios of information
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to draw useful insights and recommendations
- Ability to write and present insightful and engaging content that delivers clear and comprehensible messaging
What you'll be doing
Main Purpose of the Job:
- To work with the business to assimilate information on our Recruitment demand – challenging the business (if appropriate) on their ‘ask’ through data led conversations.
- Be the conduit between the business and Resourcing on demand plans
- Work with the Demand Planning Manager to drive the move to a strategic approach
- Drive consistency in communities demand plans and keep communities accountable
- Responsible for monitoring performance and quality of demand plans
- Responsible for the governance, controls and KPIs of the demand planning process
- Contribute towards workforce analysis and responsible for integrated reporting to senior boards and steering groups
- Provide guidance and direction to Resource Managers and Headcount Owners on developing a workforce plan
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our customers, we’ll help further your career at Nationwide. As well as your salary, there’s life assurance, a pension and a recognition and rewards scheme. We think it’s a great place to work, and we’re not afraid of giving you praise when you’ve done well.