Business Intelligence Business Partner
- Location Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary £42,370 - £61,201
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 19/10/2018
- Ref R002500070
- A Business Intelligence Business Partner at our Head Office in Swindon.
- £42,370- £61,201 per annum, plus benefits and bonus on a permanent 35-hour contract.
- Send in your application by 19th October 2018
As a member of the Data & Analytics Business Partnering team, as BI Business Partner you will be accountable for working alongside one or more business areas to transform the way the use data to deliver value and insight.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum requirement you’ll:
• Have experience of working alongside business stakeholders to understand and interpret requirements for data and insight using up-to-date techniques such as “user stories”.
• Have an in-depth understanding of Nationwide’s products and propositions, including the data which is created and consumed to support those products
• Demonstrate a rich understanding of providing legendary service and building advocacy for internal customers
• Have some experience in developing solutions using Business Intelligence tools, preferably BusinessObjects, QlikView or QlikSense.
• Be an excellent communicator who can build deep effective relationships with multiple stakeholders, influencing decisions and challenging conventional thinking.
• Be creative and innovative, having the talent to quickly interpret a business need, complement it with your own thoughts and ideas, and deliver high quality appropriate visualisations, dashboards and reports.
• Be agile, comfortably dealing with a diverse range of requirements at any one time. You will be adept at spotting opportunities and learning fast along the way.
It would also be nice if you had
• Agile delivery method experience
• Experience of process optimisation (e.g. LEAN) and continual improvement principles
• Hands-on experience with database technologies such as SQL Server, Teradata and Informatica
• Hands-on experience of SAS
What you'll be doing
You will be a member of the Data & Analytics Business Partnering team, who are responsible for managing business stakeholder relationships, business-as-usual change delivery and service management.
You will be working alongside one or more areas of the business, using your existing product knowledge to interpret and document business requirements using your experience in modern techniques such as “user stories”. You’ll turn those requirements into action through prototyping and iterative solution delivery – further refining requirements and seeking opportunities for improvement at all times.
You’ll work alongside colleagues from across the Data & Analytics functions (e.g. Data Labs and Engineering, Data Governance, Reporting Solutions and Analysis Services) to ensure that solutions meet business requirements. You’ll use your knowledge of our business and creativity to offer options and alternatives to ensure we drive maximum value and efficiency in the use of data.
You’ll maintain great working relationships with our business stakeholders at all levels, liaising directly with teams outside the D&A community and building a rich understanding of the way they use data.
You’ll be joining the Data & Analytics community at an incredibly important time as we deliver our new strategy to transform our data capability across the Society – this is a crucial role for our future!
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our customers, we’ll help further your career at Nationwide. As well as your salary, there’s life assurance, a pension and a recognition and rewards scheme. We think it’s a great place to work, and we’re not afraid of giving you praise when you’ve done well.