Business Intelligence Manager - 14 Fixed Term Contract
- Location Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary £50,840 - £73,436
- Contract type Fixed Term Contract
- Closing date 21/09/2018
- Ref R002500072
• 14 months fixed term contract for an Business Intelligence Manager at our Head Office in Swindon to lead our Axiom Regulatory Reporting team
• £50,848 - £73,436 per year on a permanent contract, plus car/car allowance, bonus and benefits
Leading the Axiom Support team, you will be accountable for the service implementation, ongoing delivery of change to, and the ongoing support of, the Society’s Axiom Regulatory Reporting solutions
Who we're looking for
As a minimum requirement you’ll:
• Have experience in leading teams
• have a solid track record of delivery in a Systems Change Management / Support related role, with a focus on responsibility for high profile, regulatory driven change.
• have knowledge of Systems Development which will mean that you understand the importance of building strong relationships with stakeholders, and delivering change in a controlled and governed fashion, ensuring that expectations are understood, agreed, and met.
• have a good understanding of the People, Process, Data, Technology, and Operational elements of delivering IM solutions
It would be nice if you also had:
• Experience of Regulatory reporting
• A background in Financial Services
• Experience of managing / delivering across a varied portfolio of change initiatives
• Knowledge \ use of the AxiomSL toolset
What you'll be doing
You will be accountable for the support and delivery of change to our Axiom reporting solutions, ensuring delivery across a portfolio of business-critical change and support initiatives.
You will manage and schedule work within the team, ensuring that demand is managed effectively, that activity is coordinated with IM Operations team and be involved in working closely with the software vendor. This will involve regular engagement with key stakeholders across the business and business transformation, and you will be responsible for ensuring that business needs are understood and that expectations are effectively managed.
You will ensure that process and method are clearly defined, and are consistent and compliant with Nationwide’s policy & procedures. You will be accountable for ensuring that all activity is managed within agreed process and method.
You will be responsible for the line management of a team of skilled and experienced Reporting Specialists, ensuring the effective recruitment, retention and ongoing performance management.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our customers, we’ll help further your career at Nationwide. As well as your salary, there’s life insurance a pension and a recognition and rewards scheme. We think it’s a great place to work, and we’re not afraid of giving you praise when you’ve done well.