Data and Analytics - Architecture Lead
- Location Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary £54,231 - £88,126
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 25/01/2019
- Ref R002500046
• Architecture Lead (London or Swindon (If London based travel to Swindon Head Office 2-3 days a week)
• £54,231 - £88,126 (dependant on current salary and banding) a year on a permanent contract, 35 hours per week
• Send in your application by 27th July 2018.
We’re moving forward into the next chapter of our Society’s history with a refreshed strategy that allows us to leverage the benefits of mutuality and adapt to the ever-changing needs of our members. Data underpins this and all five of our cornerstones and is a great enabler towards achieving our ambition of building society, nationwide. We’re transforming the way we collect, look after and use member and business data, and that is why we’re creating new roles as important step in strengthening the data competence we need to realise the opportunity that data presents for our members and colleagues.
The Data & Analytics community is responsible for transforming our data and analytics capability to enable our colleagues to better serve our members’ needs. Within the community, the Data & Analytics Solutions team is responsible for the design, engineering, test and deployment of our data platforms and solutions which are at the core of our strategic ambitions. We’re significantly expanding and strengthening our inhouse teams and working closely with key strategic partners to deliver our strategic ambitions.
If you require further information please contact Dan Wilson – Resourcing Manager at Daniel.email@example.com or Jack Chung – Hiring Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Who we're looking for
As a minimum requirement you’ll have :
• A relevant degree qualification or relevant business experience
• Extensive Enterprise architecture experience, particularly in the fields of information and data architecture.
• Experience inTechnology architecture specifically in information disciplines of big data, data warehousing, master and reference data management,
• Experience in data modelling techniques including ER modelling, Kimball methods and big data modelling
It would be nice if you also had:
• Leadership experience gained through leading a function or set of activities
• Programme planning and strategic planning experience
• A good understanding of waterfall and agile methodology
• Ability to influence groups of stakeholders and work collaboratively across teams
• Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbal.
• Proven experience of managing third party providers
What you'll be doing
You will be supporting the Director in the execution of their responsibility for defining and delivering the information, data and platform architecture for the Data & Analytics ecosystem. As an Architecture lead you will:
• Lead a team of architects to define, design and maintain the community’s information, data and platform architecture in line with the broader Nationwide architectural plan.
• Continually understand and analyse the community’s data and information requirements to develop and refresh the community’s architecture roadmap.
• Define a set of data and information management standards to enable the appropriate governance and usage of the community’s architectural assets.
• Monitor, report and ensure that architectural activities are created using good practice and meet architectural standards.
• Work with the Enterprise Architecture group as well as change teams to understand the current and future Nationwide change portfolio and subsequently map out and refresh the community’s target state architecture
• Upskilling your team of architects to build maturity in the community’s architecture capability. This includes working with the director to identify training needs and solutions and ensure that career paths and multiskilling are embedded in daily performance management.
• Keep up to date with the latest in data and information trends and seek to bring these learnings for future delivery.
• Support the community leadership in the creation and maintenance of a high performing environment through alignment of cross-team interests and processes, including the coordination of the community’s Home Office leads, incorporating the local efficiency agenda, Extended Leadership Forum, ED&I, PRIDE, Social, Social Investment, agile and other related initiatives.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 30 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
• Company car or allowance worth £4656