- Location Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary Competitive
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 16/11/2018
- Ref R002500047
Data Architect (Swindon or London) If London based there will be a requirement to travel to Swindon Head Office 2-3 days a week.
£50,840 - £73,436 a year (dependent on current salary and banding) on a permanent contract, 35 hours per week
Send in your application by 26th October 2018.
We’re moving forward into the next chapter of our Society’s history with a refreshed strategy that allows us to leverage the benefits of mutuality and adapt to the ever-changing needs of our members. Data underpins this and all five of our cornerstones and is a great enabler towards achieving our ambition of building society, nationwide. We’re transforming the way we collect, look after and use member and business data, and that is why we’re creating new roles as important step in strengthening the data competence we need to realise the opportunity that data presents for our members and colleagues.
The Data & Analytics community is responsible for transforming our data and analytics capability to enable our colleagues to better serve our members’ needs. Within the community, the Data & Analytics Solutions team is responsible for the design, engineering, test and deployment of our data platforms and solutions which are at the core of our strategic ambitions. We’re significantly expanding and strengthening our inhouse teams and working closely with key strategic partners to deliver our strategic ambitions.
Accountable for defining how data is used to provide information (information architecture) for Nationwide business use. This role focuses on defining the end-to-end flow of information including its sourcing, its processing, its modelling and its subsequent consumption. Whereas the Platform Architect focuses on individual components, the Information Architect will focus on the end-to-end flow of data to information including looking at agile ways to provide this.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum requirement you’ll have:
• Experience in technology architecture specifically in information disciplines of big data, data warehousing, master and reference data management
• Demonstrable experience of pragmatic approaches to Data Architecture across Enterprise Scale platforms / Big Data technologies, such as Teradata, Hadoop, Informatica, Spark, Splunk, Scala, R, Python, SAS, Qlik, SAP Business Objects
• Experience in data modelling techniques including; ER modelling, Kimball methods and big data modelling
• Strong stakeholder management and interpersonal skills, with the ability to form robust business relationships and influence up to Senior Executive levels. Evidence of credibility with Senior Managers
• A relevant degree qualification or relevant business experience
It would be nice if you also had:
• Architecture Certification (TOGAF, BCS, or similar), or demonstrable experience of architecture modelling frameworks
• A good understanding of waterfall and agile methodology
• Proven experience in working with IT, Information, Business Capabilities and critical business processes
• Strong communication skills (written and relationship)
• Good analytical skills, with the ability to think creatively
• Good ability to quickly understand the functionality, capabilities and benefits of new operating models and technologies
What you'll be doing
• Own the enterprise data architecture and its use in all purposes (lake, warehouse, speed layer etc.), including data reference architecture, design materials, and roadmaps
• Gain approval of these outputs from Architects, executive sponsors and executive level governance boards such as the Architecture Review Board
• Ensure linkage to value framework and DM&G
• Interlock with Enterprise / Programme / Transformation Architecture teams
• For simple, non-complex sourcing work, govern that decisions align to Business, IT Strategies and relevant Architecture standards
• Work projects (from inception to design) to provide architecture expertise and governance oversight.
• Develop and maintain network of architecture peers to ensure architectures and strategies are being communicated, understood and followed
• Contribute to the overall development of the architecture capability in Nationwide by identifying and implementing continuous improvement solutions across the methods / processes and tools in use in architecture
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme