- Location Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary £35,309 - £51,002
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 26/10/2018
- Ref R002500082
• Data Modeller - in our Head Office in Swindon, South West England.
• Salary: £35,309 - £51,002 (target salary of £39,232) on a permanent basis. Salary package dependent on skills and experience.
• Send in your application by 26/10/2018.
We’re moving forward into the next chapter of our Society’s history with a refreshed data strategy that allows us to leverage the benefits of mutuality and adapt to the ever-changing needs of our members. Data underpins this and all five of our cornerstones and is a great enabler towards achieving our ambition of building society, Nationwide. The Data & Analytics community is responsible for transforming our data and analytics capability to enable our colleagues to better serve our members’ needs. As part of the organisation’s Data & Analytics Community, you will play a key role in supporting our Data strategy. Specifically, you will be part of the Data Modelling team.
The Data Modelling team delivers and maintains Nationwide’s Enterprise Information Map (EIM). The EIM defines the data ‘folders’ – groups of business data concepts related through business process and capability – mapped to the Society’s cornerstones.
We also own the Corporate Data Modelling Standards, which set out the principles and guidelines for developing business data models and defining Nationwide’s business data, to enable consistency and precision, and to underpin the integrity of the Corporate Data Model as the single version of truth.
We work with various communities and stakeholders across the business to develop the EIM and CDM including; IT, change projects, business users and SMEs to understand data requirements and present these in a single, integrated enterprise view of Nationwide’s data.
As well as being experts in data, we are fully involved in Nationwide’s citizenship agenda; enjoying regular socials and giving our time to community volunteering projects. We aim to live and work by the PRIDE values and become the exemplar team in Nationwide.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum you’ll have:
• Proven Track Record - Proven experience of data modelling and knowledge of data management and governance, including one or more of the following; data quality, reference data, meta data and master data.
• Data Warehouse - Knowledge of data warehouse design techniques.
• Enabling Technology - Experience of identifying requirements associated with effective data management technologies including data modelling, data quality, master data and metadata. In addition, a good knowledge of these areas of the vendor landscape.
• Tooling – Experience of using case tools for data modelling, particularly Erwin.
• Methods – Knowledge and experience of methodologies for data management and/or governance either through work at several companies, work with consultancies or training/research.
• Communication – Strong communication and influencing skills, preferably some examples of coaching or mentoring other individuals.
What you'll be doing
• Business Data Models – Produce individual business data models that form part of the Corporate Data Model.
• Corporate Data Model – Ensuring the Corporate Data Model is the Single Version of Truth throughout the Enterprise. Responsible for documenting, delivering and adhering to robust change control procedures to ensure the Corporate Data Model is up to date and governed.
• Enterprise Information Map – Maintaining the Enterprise Information Map.
• Project Quality Assurance – Providing data analysis guidance and expertise to projects, ensuring they are aligned to the data modelling standards.
• Project Consultancy - Working with projects to shape decisions based on our in-depth understanding of the business data landscape.
• Data Modelling Standards – Maintaining and adapting Data Modelling Standards appropriately across projects.
• Tools – Ensuring the modelling case tool is used in alignment to the data modelling standards. Additionally, providing consultancy services to enable tool integration.
• Coaching/Mentoring – Coaching and mentoring of other Data & Analytics community members and the business e.g. data stewards. When appropriate, delivering presentations and training to up-skill the wider team.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So, if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to a Healthcare scheme
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme