Enterprise Strategy Lead
- Location Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary £54,231 - £88,126
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 22/08/2018
- Ref R002500064
• Enterprise Strategy Lead based in our Head Office in Swindon
• £54,231 - £88,126 (dependent on current salary and banding) a year on a permanent contract, 35 hours per week
We’re moving forward into the next chapter of our Society’s history with a refreshed strategy that allows us to leverage the benefits of mutuality and adapt to the ever-changing needs of our members. Data underpins this and all five of our cornerstones and is a great enabler towards achieving our ambition of building society, nationwide.
The Data & Analytics Solutions team is responsible for the design, engineering, test and deployment of our data platforms and solutions which are at the core of our strategic ambitions. We’re significantly expanding and strengthening our inhouse teams and working closely with key strategic partners to deliver our strategic ambitions.
In this highly visible role, the successful individual will be part of a high-performing team responsible for the development and execution of the Digital &Analytics five-year community strategy and delivery roadmap. The role holder will focus on value-creating approached to strategy delivery and ensure that the community is aligned to deliver to Nationwide’s overall business and technology strategy.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum requirement you’ll:
• Be educated to degree level in a STEM based subject,
• Have a sound understanding of the Financial Services sector, with a working knowledge of the key technologies relevant to the Retail Financial Services industry
• Have a proven track record of delivery leadership and building strong, long term relationships with a broad and diverse set of stakeholders.
• Demonstrate skills and experience in shaping and delivering D&A-enabled change programmes
• Have experience in aligning an organisations D&A strategy with its overall business strategy and goals.
• Be highly developed business partnering and stakeholder management skills.
• Demonstrate passion for continuous improvement
• Have excellent communication skills especially in written and visual presentations: there is a requirement to create papers and presentations for C-level executives. Must have ability to articulate problems and solutions concisely.
• Have strong analytical skills with the ability to think creatively and solve diverse questions in a structured manner.
It would be nice if you also had:
• Experience in technology architecture specifically in information disciplines of big data, data warehousing, master and reference data management,
• A good understanding of waterfall and agile methodology
• Proven experience in working with IT, Information, Business Capabilities and critical business processes
• Strong communication skills (written and relationship)
• Good analytical skills, with the ability to think creatively
• Good ability to quickly understand the functionality, capabilities and benefits of new operating models and technologies
• Must demonstrate previous exposure to a wide variety of business change, including organisational, systems, business process, and multi-disciplinary, cross-functional change and/or experience of architecting and delivering technical solutions across multiple platforms.
What you'll be doing
Working directly to the Director of D&A Strategy and Architecture the role holder will enjoy a wide variety of opportunities, not limited, to:
• Partnering with stakeholders to understand their strategic data and analytics needs and align the strategic D&A business capabilities to the society strategy and other community roadmaps.
• Leading the continuous understanding of upcoming enterprise strategy activities
• Leading the thought leadership process for inbedding the enterprise strategy into the community
• Leading the collaboration with the wider D&A function to define and shape the D&A strategy response to the NBS business strategy and define a set of activities into a roadmap to deliver on the strategy
• Lead the delivery of a enterprise strategic alignment framework to ensure coordination of enterprise strategy and D&A activities
• Lead the day-to-day management and responsibility of the D&A response to the NBS business strategy
• Lead the D&A involvement in enterprise strategic activities
• Lead the D&A involvement in understanding and planning for strategic regulatory activities
• Lead the development of alignement KPIs to monitor and report back on enterprise performance measures
• Support the D&A - Director of Strategy and Analytics by contributing to the development of ExCo and Board level proposals, updates and presentations. This will include producing recommendations for ExCo and Board level proposals for specific/individual components of the strategy.
• Work closely with the D&A Strategy lead to add in enterprise strategic requests and ensure adjustments are made to the D&A strategy.
• Lead the analysis of areas of opportunity and concern warranting specific focus, and lead the subsequent deep dive activities on behalf of the D&A Strategy Team.
• Lead deep dive activities - the role holder will bring together multidisciplinary teams to rapidly clarify the situation, generate ideas and options; identify potential solutions and develop an implementation plan.
• The role holder will need to work confidently with performance management data and financial forecasts at to analyse and assess activity against the roadmap plan, and provide robust briefing - including the analysis of options and plans to manage and mitigate risks - to support action.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
• Company car or allowance worth £4656