Lead Data Management Consultant
- Location Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary £42,370 - £61,201
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 26/10/2018
- Ref R002500058
Lead Data Management Consultant (Head Office, Swindon, South West England)
Salary: £42,370 - £61,201 (target salary of £47,078) on a permanent basis. Salary/package dependent on skills and experience.
Send in your application by 26th October 2018.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum you’ll have:
• Data Management: Strong knowledge of end-to-end data lifecycle management and associated capabilities.
• Proven Track Record - Expertise in data management and IM Projects. Sound knowledge and experience of other aspects of data, including and in addition to, gaining buy-in for data governance from
senior stakeholders, championing data stewardship within the business and embedding data governance into their BAU activities
• Drive for results: Experience of delivering initiatives alongside senior business leaders to protect business data, increase its maturity and realise greater value from it.
• Enabling Technology: Experience of utilising strategic tools to enable and realise the data strategy. Experience of identifying requirements associated with effective data management technologies including master and reference data, data quality, lineage & metadata.
• Methods: Experience at multiple companies and/or of formal gated methodologies for data governance (Home grown, Consulting or Academic).
• Leadership & Communication Ability to deliver highly-effective subject matter expertise regarding Data Governance services, capabilities, tools and processes to both internal and external stakeholders and senior-level community leaders. Be highly influential, with exceptional written and verbal communication and leadership skills.
It would be nice if you also had:
• Education to a degree level (or equivalent) in a related subject would be preferable, but is not a requirement.
• IM Foundations Knowledge of the IM lifecycle including documenting requirements, data management, integration, storage & modelling, reporting and analytic tools. Overall solutioning would be beneficial but is not essential.
What you'll be doing
As part of the Data Governance team you will work on one or more significant Information Management (IM) / IT projects or programmes in addition to local small change initiatives. You will be accountable for ensuring that projects and change initiatives are delivered using IM methodology using the agreed work products and tooling processes. The products and processes are also used to build out the Enterprise data model (the data dictionary).
Key areas, you will;
Primary Lead / Change Leadership Drive the Data Management strategy, shape and manage data governance engagements and resourcing.
Champion IM Methodologies and Frameworks Drive a continuous improvement mindset to help shape Nationwide’s data change and risk management frameworks.
Shape & Provide Consultancy Services Promote the Data Management strategy and provide expert strategic data insight, guidance and consultancy service.
Manage Team Members Develop, coach and mentor a small team to drive positive behaviour. Shape accountable freedom.
The Data Change Governance Team, within the Data & Analytics Community, supports the implementation of our Data Governance principles to key transformational projects and local small change initiatives, taking place within Nationwide. We respond to Enterprise requirements by managing the Data Quality, Data Modelling, and Master Data Management teams. We empower the projects and initiatives we’re involved in and manage their data as an asset, in line with Nationwide’s Data Governance framework and principles.
As well as being experts in data, we are fully involved in Nationwide’s citizenship agenda; enjoying regular socials and giving our time to community volunteering projects. We aim to live and work by the PRIDE values and become the exemplar team in Nationwide.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So, if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to a Healthcare scheme
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme