- Location Swindon, London, Countrywide
- Salary £50,840 - £73,436
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 21/12/2018
- Ref R002500048
• Platform Architect (London or Swindon) If London based there will be a requirement to travel to Swindon Head Office 2-3 days a week.
• £50,840 - £73,436 (dependent on current salary and banding) a year on a permanent contract, 35 hours per week
• Send in your application by 21st December 2018.
We’re moving forward into the next chapter of our Society’s history with a refreshed strategy that allows us to leverage the benefits of mutuality and adapt to the ever-changing needs of our members. Data underpins this and all five of our cornerstones and is a great enabler towards achieving our ambition of building society, nationwide. We’re transforming the way we collect, look after and use member and business data, and that is why we’re creating new roles as important step in strengthening the data competence we need to realise the opportunity that data presents for our members and colleagues.
The Data & Analytics community is responsible for transforming our data and analytics capability to enable our colleagues to better serve our members’ needs. Within the community, the Data & Analytics Solutions team is responsible for the design, engineering, test and deployment of our data platforms and solutions which are at the core of our strategic ambitions. We’re significantly expanding and strengthening our inhouse teams and working closely with key strategic partners to deliver our strategic ambitions.
Accountable for defining and progressing the architecture and roadmap for the D&A data ecosystem in line with the D&A strategy. This role is focused on ensuring that delivery capabilities such as data services, BI, reporting and analytics have the appropriate technology and platform architectural support to deliver on their responsibilities.
Who we're looking for
• Demonstrable experience of a pragmatic approach to Data Architecture across Enterprise Scale platforms / Big Data technologies including Teradata, Hadoop (Big Data), Informatica, Spark, Splunk, Scala, R, Python, SAS, Qlik, SAP Business Objects, Linux shell scripting and general Linux system administration experience
• Sound experience in analysis or design (both Business and IT), preferably in a Financial Services environment
It would be nice if you also had:
• Strong stakeholder management and interpersonal skills; ability to form robust business relationships and influence up to Senior Executive levels. Evidence of credibility with Senior Managers through to Senior Executives is essential.
• Architecture Certification (TOGAF, BCS, or similar), or demonstrable experience of architecture modelling frameworks
• A good understanding of waterfall and agile methodology
• Proven experience in working with IT, Information, Business Capabilities and critical business processes
• Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
What you'll be doing
Working with Enterprise architecture to define, design and maintain the Data & Analytics community’s data ecosystem architecture in line with the broader Nationwide architectural plan. Your key accountabilities will include:
• Defining, designing and implementing data access patterns for right-time/streaming workloads including data acquisition, storage, processing and access.
• Designing and implementing data pipelines on Big Data platforms to enable rapid prototyping and accelerating the path to production.
• Developing and configuring Big Data technologies for ingesting, transforming, storing and serving data at scale.
• Re-architecting and rationalizing traditional data environments using Big Data technologies.
• Introduction of new or major change or existing data technologies
• Identification of key tech. decision points
• Interlock with Enterprise / Programme / Transformation Architecture teams
• For simple, non-complex sourcing work, govern that decisions align to Business, IT Strategies and relevant Architecture standards.
• Work projects (from inception to design) to provide architecture expertise and governance oversight.
• Develop and maintain network of architecture peers to ensure architectures and strategies are being communicated, understood and followed
• Contribute to the overall development of the architecture capability in Nationwide by identifying and implementing continuous improvement solutions across the methods / processes and tools in use in architecture
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme