- Location Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary £35,309 - £51,002
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 04/01/2019
- Ref R002500110
• A Portfolio Designer in our Head Offices in Swindon
• Competitive salary (£35,309 -51,002)
• permanent 35-hour per week contract
• Send in your application by 4th January 2019
Nationwide has recently launched a new data strategy which will transform the way the society thinks about values and manages its data. As part of this new strategy, the Data & Analytics Community, and more specifically, the Data Solutions team has a number of exciting new roles to help deliver on the promises of reducing the number of legacy data stores, simplifying the architectural landscape and treating data as a valued asset.
Who we're looking for
We are looking for an IT professional with design experience to help construct data pipelines to deliver information to our business community. You’ll have experience working for an organisation that operates a complex technical portfolio with multiple objectives, and you’ll have experience of working in a challenging fast paced environment. We are looking for someone who can manage variances and pressure effectively, and deliver at scale for our projects.
You will also have:
• Good knowledge of the finance industry, desirable
• Good stakeholder management and engagement skills
• Experience communicating and influencing peers and management
• The ability to react with pace to manage changing demand
• Experience of different delivery methodologies – Waterfall, Agile, DevOps
• Experience in task management and mentoring
You will have the following Domain Knowledge and Experience:
• Track record in development of IM solutions on a variety of platforms, and a strong understanding the end-to-end IM environment
• Designing for data lakes and data warehouses on hybrid cloud and on-premise architectures
• Designing for Hadoop big data (Hive, HDFS, Scala, Spark, NIFI)
• Experience of Informatica and Teradata would be good
• Knowledge of ETL frameworks
• Up to date with emerging technologies and trends, and awareness of open source tooling for big data
What you'll be doing
This design role in the Data Solutions Design Hub team will focus on design in one of the financial portfolios, to meet demand and deliver projects for our new information management solution. Reporting to the Design Lead, you will be accountable for the following activities:
• Within the portfolio, delivery of projects
• Advanced knowledge of information management solutions, technologies in use and enterprise architecture related to portfolio.
• Advanced and proven technology design skills and capabilities
• Experience in large scale change, able to demonstrate issue and conflict resolution.
• The confidence to engage with and present reports to Senior Management stakeholders.
• Proven character resilience with the necessary drive and ability to cope with competition.
• Strong organisational skills with the ability to take responsibility and achieve ambitious targets.
Working with both Architecture and the Design team, you’ll be ensuring technology best practice and ensuring the platform remains relevant and up to date.
Working with data governance teams and the wider Data & Analytics Community, you will ensure that the data remains secure, well managed and fully governed, and help to drive increased adoption of the data solutions across the enterprise.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme