- Location Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary £30,506 - £44,065
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 31/12/2018
- Ref R002500111
• Senior Analyst in the Operations & Demand team in Data & Analytics Solutions at our Head Office in Swindon
• Salary £30,506 - £44,065 a year (dependent on current salary and banding) based on a permanent, 35 hours per week contract
• Send in your application by 31 December 2018
We’re moving forward into the next chapter of our Society’s history with a refreshed strategy that allows us to leverage the benefits of mutuality and adapt to the ever-changing needs of our members. Data underpins this and all five of our cornerstones and is a great enabler towards achieving our ambition of building society, nationwide. We’re transforming the way we collect, look after and use member and business data, and that is why we’re creating new roles as an important step in strengthening the data competence we need to realise the opportunity that data presents for our members and colleagues.
The Data & Analytics community is responsible for transforming our data and analytics capability to enable our colleagues to better serve our members’ needs. Within the community, the Data & Analytics Solutions team is responsible for the design, engineering, test and deployment of our data platforms and solutions which are at the core of our strategic ambitions. We’re significantly expanding and strengthening our inhouse teams and working closely with key strategic partners to deliver our strategic ambitions.
Two opportunities have now arisen to join the growing Data & Analytics Solutions team as a Senior Analyst in the Operations & Demand team at an exciting time as we expand our operations and deliver our strategy.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum requirement, you’ll have:
• Good knowledge of operational and/or demand management, including financial and resource management and operational reporting
• Ability to manage self and multi-task under pressure
• Strong stakeholder engagement and influencing skills and ability to build effective working relationships
• Excellent analytical skills
• An eye for detail and a logical approach to problem solving
• Strong organisational skills
• Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Advanced SharePoint skills
• Skills in continuous efficiency improvements
It would be nice if you also had knowledge of:
• Project lifecycle delivery, processes and toolsets
• Knowledge Management repository implementation
• Resource forecasting and capacity planning
• Vendor Management
What you'll be doing
As a key member of the Operations & Demand team within Data & Analytics Solutions, you will be responsible for the delivery of operational or demand services to support the successful delivery of change. You will help to ensure we are working optimally across D&A Solutions and within the D&A Community with the appropriate level of governance and control.
Key responsibilities will be:
• Providing analytical insight to support the provision of high quality reporting and MI to assess performance and delivery across D&A Solutions
• Providing analytical support for budget planning, monitoring and reporting
• Developing the process for the tracking and reporting of resources across D&A Solutions
• Ensuring adherence to a governance and control structure for the D&A Solutions team
• Supporting the implementation and enhancement of a knowledge management system as the repository of learning
• Providing insight to monitor and challenge vendor performance
• Utilising industry best practice standards for all functions where possible, ensuring adherence to the corporate standards and those prescribed by the D&A Community
• Coaching colleagues to help develop their skills and expertise, and managing the assignment of day-to-day tasks
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our customers, we’ll help further your career at Nationwide. As well as your salary, there’s life insurance a pension and a recognition and rewards scheme. We think it’s a great place to work, and we’re not afraid of giving you praise when you’ve done well.