Senior Data Management Consultant (Marketplace)
- Location Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary £42,370 - £61,201
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 25/07/2018
- Ref R002500043
• A Senior Data Management Consultant (Marketplace), Data & Analytics Community based in our head office in Swindon
• Salary £42,370 - £61,201per year (dependant on current salary and banding) on a permanent, 35 hours a week contract.
• Send in your application by 25th July 2018.
We’re moving forward into the next chapter of our Society’s history with a refreshed strategy that allows us to leverage the benefits of mutuality and adapt to the ever-changing needs of our members. Data underpins this and all five of our cornerstones and is a great enabler towards achieving our ambition of building society, nationwide. We’re transforming the way we collect, look after and use member and business data, and that is why we’re creating new roles as important step in strengthening the data competence we need to realise the opportunity that data presents for our members and colleagues.
The Data & Analytics community is responsible for transforming our data and analytics capability to enable our colleagues to better serve our members’ needs. Within the community, the team is responsible for the design, engineering, test and deployment of our data platforms and solutions which are at the core of our strategic ambitions. We’re significantly expanding and strengthening our inhouse teams and working closely with key strategic partners to deliver our strategic ambitions.
As part of the organisation’s Data & Analytics Community, you will play a critical role in implementing the Society’s data strategy.
As a thought leader within the Data Marketplace and Governance function, you will be responsible for implementing the data management strategy; specifically, managing multiple stakeholders across business communities, actively embedding data management activity with C-level executive mandate to increase data literacy and awareness, driving data maturity uplift and ensuring that data is managed as a Society asset.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum, you’ll have:
• Data Management: Strong knowledge of end to end data lifecycle management and associated capabilities.
• Drive for results: Experience of delivering initiatives alongside senior business leaders to protect business data, increase its maturity and realise greater value from it.
• Enabling Technology: Experience of utilising strategic tools to enable and realise the data strategy.
• Methods: Experience at multiple companies and/or of formal gated methodologies for data governance (Home grown, Consulting or Academic).
• Leadership & Communication: Influencing skills with exceptional communication and leadership skills across senior stakeholders, championing the data domain model role adoption to embed governance activities into BAU.
It would be nice if you had:
• Team Management: Experience of matrix management and managing small teams in either BAU or project mode.
What you'll be doing
The Data Marketplace team are business facing data advocates embedding best practice data management principles across the Society. We support the contextualised business understanding of data including governance, usage and quality, and drive the democratisation of data across the society. In addition, developing an ‘infonomics’ methodology to drive insight into the business value, cost of change and impact of data, truly managing data as an asset.
You will also work closely with one or more executive communities building, embedding and maturing their data governance capability, ensuring delivery of their stewardship responsibilities. This will include engaging with senior stakeholders within each community to practically support them in building the data stewardship teams as they adopt their new responsibilities, demonstrating ‘value-add’ activity and sponsoring their data governance initiatives through tangible success stories.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Data Management Framework – drive society wide understanding of the data management framework, advocate ethical and effective data lifecycle management and ensure data owner roles are identified and appropriately trained
• Deliver a data Marketplace portal - provide business user access to and understanding of Society data in business context, whilst advocating the usage of supporting data management tools
• Data Quality –Drive business understanding of Society data quality and support senior leaders in the articulation and delivery of activity roadmaps to address data quality issues.
• Business Partnership – effective stakeholder engagement to ensure a deeper understanding of Society data to ensure more accurate decision making and increase the value we gain from it.
The extras you'll get
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme