Senior Data Management Consultant (Policy)
- Location Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary £42,370 - £61,201
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 25/07/2018
- Ref R002500041
• A Senior Data Management Consultant (Policy), Data & Analytics Community based in our head 0ffice in Swindon
• Salary £42,370 - £61,201per year (dependant on current salary and banding) on a permanent, 35 hours a week contract.
• Send in your application by 25th July 2018.
We’re moving forward into the next chapter of our Society’s history with a refreshed strategy that allows us to leverage the benefits of mutuality and adapt to the ever-changing needs of our members. Data underpins this and all five of our cornerstones and is a great enabler towards achieving our ambition of building society, nationwide. We’re transforming the way we collect, look after and use member and business data, and that is why we’re creating new roles as important step in strengthening the data competence we need to realise the opportunity that data presents for our members and colleagues.
The Data & Analytics community is responsible for transforming our data and analytics capability to enable our colleagues to better serve our members’ needs. Within the community, the team is responsible for the design, engineering, test and deployment of our data platforms and solutions which are at the core of our strategic ambitions. We’re significantly expanding and strengthening our inhouse teams and working closely with key strategic partners to deliver our strategic ambitions.
You will be a primary lead within Data and Analytics, implementing the data management strategy for Data Marketplace and Governance; specifically, defining and embedding the policies and supporting framework activity society wide, to enable better decision making, protect member outcomes and increasing the value we get from our data.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum, you’ll have:
• Data Management: Strong knowledge of end to end data lifecycle management and associated capabilities.
• Drive for results: Experience of delivering initiatives alongside senior business leaders to protect business data, increase its maturity and realise greater value from it.
• Enabling Technology: Experience of utilising strategic tools to enable and realise the data strategy.
• Methods: Experience at multiple companies and/or of formal gated methodologies for data governance (Home grown, Consulting or Academic).
• Leadership & Communication: Influencing skills with exceptional communication and leadership skills across senior stakeholders, championing the data domain model role adoption to embed governance activities into BAU.
It would be nice if you had:
• Team Management: Experience of matrix management and managing small teams in either BAU or project mode.
What you'll be doing
You will be responsible for ensuring business data standards are met; utilising strategic tools to identify issues, work closely with business leaders to drive remedial action plans to enable data to be captured, transferred and transformed correctly and used appropriately. You will own and operate business councils to track business progress.
Using strong communication and influencing skills, you will support senior leaders and stakeholders to understand their accountabilities, support them in meeting data related objectives and set the Society objectives to deepen our understanding of business data and increase its value.
You will be pivotal in providing exceptional governance and control over the societies central data repository, underpinning the roadmap for critical transformational change onto the platform alongside fulfilling key responsibilities relating to regulatory compliance (including GDPR record of data processing and BCBS239).
Key responsibilities will include:
• Data Management Framework – Responsible for defining and embedding the data management framework, processes and policies, ensuring data owner model roles, accountabilities and associated training.
• Data Governance Forums – own and effectively manage the data governance forums to ensure the effectiveness of engagement, data landscape visibility and an escalation route for aspects that jeopardise the realization of the data management strategy.
• Business Partnership – Support the Data Governance Manager in embedding data governance activity within communities, ensuring data owners and stewards are in place, are aware of and have accepted their accountability, and actively utilise strategic tools to understand and uplift Society data.
• Policy and Controls – Ensuring compliance to governance and risk policies and controls, and for providing guidance materials and supporting the business during their roll-out
• Platform Governance – Accountable for ensuring effective governance on the IMAS platform in line with owned standards and principles. Monitor and remediate non-adherence.
The extras you'll get
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme