Senior Data Management Consultant (Risk)
- Location Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary £42,370 - £61,201
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 25/07/2018
- Ref R002500042
• A Senior Data Management Consultant (Risk), Data & Analytics Community based in our head office in Swindon
• Salary £42,370 - £61,201per year (dependant on current salary and banding) on a permanent, 35 hours a week contract.
• Send in your application by 25th July 2018.
We’re moving forward into the next chapter of our Society’s history with a refreshed strategy that allows us to leverage the benefits of mutuality and adapt to the ever-changing needs of our members. Data underpins this and all five of our cornerstones and is a great enabler towards achieving our ambition of building society, nationwide. We’re transforming the way we collect, look after and use member and business data, and that is why we’re creating new roles as important step in strengthening the data competence we need to realise the opportunity that data presents for our members and colleagues.
The Data & Analytics community is responsible for transforming our data and analytics capability to enable our colleagues to better serve our members’ needs. Within the community, the team is responsible for the design, engineering, test and deployment of our data platforms and solutions which are at the core of our strategic ambitions. We’re significantly expanding and strengthening our inhouse teams and working closely with key strategic partners to deliver our strategic ambitions.
As part of the organisation’s Data & Analytics Community, you will play a critical role in implementing the Society’s data strategy.
As a Senior Risk consultant within the Data Marketplace and Governance function, you will be responsible for implementing and embedding the required risk and controls framework to support and ensure delivery of strategy; specifically, managing multiple stakeholders across business communities, actively embedding risk and controls. You will play a fundamental role in providing technical risk expertise, feeding into Senior Managers and committees.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum, you will have:
• Risk and Controls Management; strong knowledge and experience in risk identification and management and driving activity to reduce risk levels associated with business data.
• Drive for results: Experience of delivering initiatives alongside senior business leaders to protect business data, increase its maturity and realise greater value from it.
• Leadership & Communication: Influencing skills with exceptional communication and leadership skills across senior stakeholders, understanding and clearly articulating data related risks and recommendations as to what resolution is required
• Industry knowledge: awareness of the external environment and regulations impacting data.
It would be nice if you have:
• Data Management: Strong knowledge of end to end data lifecycle management and associated capabilities.
• Team Management: Experience of matrix management and managing small teams in either BAU or project mode.
What you'll be doing
The Data Risk team are business facing risk advocates embedding best practice in data & reporting risk management and controls across the Society. We support the business with understanding data & reporting risks including frameworks and the controls environment, as well as risk associated with data creation usage, and retention / deletion. You will play a key part in ensuring robust change controls are operating to ensure change activities deliver compliant outcomes.
You will also work closely with one or more executive communities building, embedding and maturing their risk and control capability, ensuring delivery of their key Data and Reporting risk and control accountabilities. This will include engaging with senior stakeholders within each community to practically support them in operating data & reporting controls across the identified control personas.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Data Controls and Reporting Framework – Responsible for defining and embedding the data controls and reporting framework, processes and activities, ensuring stakeholders fully understand their accountabilities and undertake them.
• Data Risk Profile – drive the identification and articulation of aggregated Society data risks and actively drive remediation plans alongside business leaders to reduce our risk exposure
• Business Partnership – Support the Risk Manager in embedding risk and controls activity across communities, ensuring role holders are in place, are aware of and have accepted their accountability, and actively utilise strategic tools to understand and mitigate data related risks.
• Policy and Controls – Ensuring compliance to governance and risk policies and controls, and for providing guidance materials and supporting the business during their roll-out
The extras you'll get
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme