- Location Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary £35,309 - £51,002
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 31/01/2019
- Ref R002500094
• Based in our head offices in Swindon
• Up to £51,002 a year
• Permanent, 35-hour per week contract
We recently launched a new data strategy that will transform the way we think about and manage data. As part of this new strategy, the Data Solutions team has a number of exciting new roles to help reduce the number of legacy data stores, simplify the architectural landscape and treat data as a valued asset.
Who we're looking for
• Defining, planning and executing manual and automated test phases on data platforms
• Some exposure to working within a DevOps toolchain and experience of tools such as Selenium, TFS and Cucumber would be a bonus
• Development within big data and data warehouse platforms and a broad range of associated technologies, such as Python, R, Spark, HIVE, Scala
• End-to-end Software Development Lifecycles, with knowledge of working in both Agile and Waterfall methodologies
• Functional and Technical Design techniques
• A track record in fault analysis, diagnosis and resolution
• Experience of working in data solutions development using both agile and waterfall methodologies
• Excellent communication skills
• Experience of mentoring, training and task management of more junior team members
It would be nice if you also had:
• Hands-on experience of commercial ETL tooling, such as Informatica, Ab Initio or DataStage
• Experience of appliance databases, such as Teradata or Netezza
• Experience of working in the financial sector for part of your career to date
What you'll be doing
Working within a community of multi-skilled teams, you will focus on delivering reporting and analytics solutions onto the data lake and the Teradata warehouse. You’ll be setting up and leading an enduring, in-house engineering capability and helping to drive the data strategy. You’ll be working with cutting-edge technologies and industry leading vendors, and will provide technical expertise and support services where they are needed.
In an Agile environment, you will be working closely with the business to:
• Produce estimates, impact assessments and technical documentation
• Develop and support solutions.
• Implement automation first approach using industry best practices, targeting appropriate strategies for robust and repeatable automation and the appropriate exploratory / manual testing of change
• Proactively contribute to the evolution of data engineering within Nationwide
• Quickly understand problems and provide root cause analysis and resolution
• Ensure technology best practice and that the platform remains relevant and up to date, working closely with Architecture.
• Ensure that the data remains secure, well managed and fully governed, and help to drive increased adoption of the data solutions across the enterprise.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So, if you help us do the right thing for our customers, we’ll help further your career at Nationwide. You can expect:
• Access to training to help you progress your skills and career
• Flexible working
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 30 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• Option to ‘buy’ 10 days more holiday
• Access to a healthcare scheme
• Discount vouchers for various retail outlets
• Annual performance related bonus scheme
• Company car or allowance
Click apply today and send us your CV.
Please note: To help us do the right thing by our members, all applicants will be subject to a criminal record and credit checks.