Infrastructure Designer (Infrastructure Specialist Lead)
- Location Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary £41,951 - £60,596
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 26/04/2018
- Ref R001900493
- An Infrastructure Designer (Infrastructure Specialist Lead) at our head offices in Swindon.
- Salary £41,951 - £60,596 a year (dependent upon skills and experience), based on a permanent, 35 hours per week contract.
- Please send in your application by 26th April 2018
The Infrastructure Development department is responsible for the design and delivery of all new infrastructure for Nationwide’s projects and programmes. As a member of the design practice within Infrastructure Development, you will be working closely with IT and business stakeholders to develop infrastructure solutions which implement architectural strategy and meet business needs.
Who we're looking for
You’ll be an experienced infrastructure professional, capable of producing complex high level and detailed infrastructure designs. You will be able to build good working relationships with both technical and business stakeholders and be able to gain their respect and trust based on your knowledge and professionalism.
As a minimum requirement you’ll have:
- A proven track record in contributing to the design and delivery of large scale technical solutions.
- Strong analytical and technical design ability.
- In depth knowledge of Windows Server, SQL, IIS and their integration with other technologies plus an awareness of network and infrastructure security concepts.
- Ability and desire to quickly comprehend the functions, capabilities and benefits of new technologies.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to relate to and influence employees at all levels.
It would be nice if you also had:
- Knowledge and experience of one or more of the following: AWS and/or Azure cloud technology, Citrix Xen suite, Vmware, MS Hyper-V, SAN and storage technologies, UNIX, Linux, Microsoft AD, Microsoft SCOM, SCCM, Intune, Office365.
- Experience of regulatory environments such as PCI or GDPR.
What you'll be doing
You will be part of a team responsible for delivery of innovative, complex and multi-disciplinary high level and detailed infrastructure designs that provide optimal business and customer outcomes, whilst maintaining the required commercial and strategic focus and architectural alignment.
When required, you will also be providing oversight of contract design resource and appropriate delivery partners to ensure effective delivery of infrastructure designs.
Key accountabilities will include:
- Producing and reviewing infrastructure designs.
- Applying relevant policies, standards, best practice and architectural strategy to ensure most efficient creation of infrastructure designs.
- Identifying and escalating solution inter-dependencies, risks and exceptions across multiple projects and programmes to protect the integrity of the wider infrastructure landscape.
- Managing relevant stakeholders and relationships across the business.
- Contributing to the continual improvement of Infrastructure Design across the change lifecycle within Nationwide.
- Collaborating on strategic proof of concepts and pilots for new infrastructure technologies.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
- Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
- Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
- Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
- Access to a Healthcare scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme