NoSQL Database Administrator (DBA)
- Location Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary Competitive
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 26/01/2019
- Ref R001900681
- A NoSQL Database Administrator at our head offices in Swindon
- Salary £35,000 - £51,000 a year (dependent on skills, experience and current remuneration) based on a permanent 35 hour per week contract. Depending on skills and experience.
- Please send in your application by 26th January 2019.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a dynamic person with a strong technical knowledge of database platforms to develop NoSQL skills. We have a number of major new systems being developed on these technologies, and this is a unique opportunity to help build this enterprise capability at Nationwide.
Who we're looking for
You will be an experienced Database Administrator, with a proven track record of designing, implementing, testing and supporting database systems. You will either have previous experience of NoSQL database technologies or be willing to develop these skills. You will have excellent communication skills, be used to dealing with projects, and be able to clearly articulate risks and issues. You will be very motivated and ready to take on a lead technical role within projects
As a minimum requirement, you will have experience of:
• Relational Databases - MSSQL, MySQL, Oracle 11g/12c, DB2 (zOS/LUW)
• Operating Systems - RHEL 6.x, 7.x, Windows Server 2008/2012/2016, Solaris
• Security of database objects and SSL
• Data modelling
• Query and Performance tuning
It would be nice if you also had experience of:
• NoSQL Databases - MongoDB 3.x, 4.x, MongoDB Atlas, Open Source Cassandra 2.x, 3.x
• Amazon Web Services (AWS)
• Automation ideally using Ansible
• Working in a DevOps culture
What you'll be doing
As part of our Infrastructure Development Database team, you will have a key role to play in the design, build and test of new NoSQL database solutions on systems that underpin a number of our key business services. You will also provide project support for databases and their supporting technologies. The ability to diagnose and resolve technical issues will be vital and you will be expected to provide in depth technical advice to other areas of the business.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme