CASS Oversight Manager
- Location Swindon Head Office, South West England
- £50,337 - £72,709
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 22/03/2018
- Ref R002100136
We need: • CASS & Operational Oversight Manager Based in our Swindon Head Office
- £50,337 - £72,709 a year dependent on skills and experience
- status car or allowance of £4,656 gross per annum
- This is an open ended opportunity working 35 hours per week
- Applications are invited until Thursday March 22 2018.
We are looking for a strong influential leader to run our CASS and Operational Oversight capability for Nationwide. Not only will you be establishing process and oversight of 3rd parties you will be ensuring regulatory adherence for the management of our Client Assets.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum requirement you will have:
- A degree or professional qualification equivalent and/or relevant managerial qualification
- Several years experience of Financial Services management particularly in the wealth management and platform market
- Detailed CASS Handbook understanding with the experience of overseeing third party operations and compliance with applicable regulation
- Excellent influencing skills with the ability to achieve desired outcomes at Divisional Director level across communities both internally and externally
- Performance management experience, with a sound financial awareness
What you'll be doing
- Reporting into the CASS & 3rd Party Oversight Senior Manager you will work closely with other senior members of the P&I Product team to agree and develop strategy for oversight of third parties.
- Liaising with and influencing Senior stakeholders around the organisation (to DD / ED level) particularly within Product & Propositions, Relationships & Distribution, Risk, Operations & Delivery and Finance & Efficiency to provide evidence and assurance of compliant platform operations, particularly with respect to arranging the safe custody of customers’ assets and money via our third party.
- Educate and ensure CASS responsibilities are understood and implemented across the Group.
- Working with key external commercial partners at executive level to ensure buy-in to the oversight of platform operations, in particular Custodian accountabilities and CASS compliance, support for strategy execution and ensuring this develops and maintains in line with industry regulation and trends.
- From time to time be required deputise for the CASS & 3rd Party Oversight Senior Manager in appropriate forums/committees.
- Working closely with other areas of the business to deliver change.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out and we’re not afraid of giving you praise when you’ve done well. So if you help us do the right thing for our customers, we’ll help further your career at Nationwide. As well as your salary, there’s life assurance, a pension and a recognition and rewards scheme. We think Nationwide’s a great place to work