- Location Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary Competitive
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 01/05/2019
- Ref R002801001
• An Engineering Manager, within the Nationwide Engineering Centre of Excellence
• Based at our offices in Swindon (just an hour from London by train), with generous relocation package available
• Salary – competitive, to reflect experience
• Permanent, full-time and flexible 35 hour a week contract, with clear pathways to further development and promotion
We are building on our current digital solutions across the Nationwide systems estate with a set of modern technologies and we need a manager who can look after a team of front-end, back-end or full-stack developers, both at junior and senior levels. Our current projects include: Additional 2 factor authentication, better digital experiences for online transactions, Open Banking and Single Customer View. This is an extremely exciting opportunity to work with a team at its inception.
Who we're looking for
We’d like to meet an Engineering Manager with:
• Extensive experience of managing teams effectively.
• Career management of a team of 15+ setting objectives, career progression and training.
• Experience in Agile, planning and resource management.
• Matrix management environment experience.
• A technical mindset and the ability to get hands on within projects.
It would also be good if you had knowledge or experience of one or more of the following:
• Native mobile app development (beneficial, but not essential).
• .NET Framework, C#, asp.net
• Microservices using .NET Core, NodeJS or Golang.
• Developing with Docker and container orchestration technologies such as Kubernetes or OpenShift.
• Experience in designing and developing API-driven and microservices-based architectures.
Agile / DevOps
• Experience of working in agile teams and associated use of DevOps tooling (such as Jenkins, Nexus/Artifactory, Selenium, Veracode, JMeter etc.)
What you'll be doing
• Motivating the team, including goal / objective setting, coaching, mentoring, training, feedback + performance management.
• Management of resource scheduling and work progress reporting, where you will be creating and maintaining a collaborate environment which is mindful of Agile practises.
• Line managing a team, especially interested in the core skills needed for helping a team of engineers reach their potential and delivering successful projects.
The extras you'll get
Our packages include life assurance, pension, bonus and benefits scheme.
As part of our team, you will receive:
• Access to technical learning, including sites such as Pluralsight, to help you progress your skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
Please note: To help us do the right thing by our members, all applicants will be subject to a criminal record and credit checks.