Senior Software Engineer - Risk Squad
- Location Wakefield House, Swindon, South West England
- Salary Competitive
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 08/05/2019
- Ref R002800956
It’s easy to misunderstand what Nationwide is like. Why? Because we’re not like a bank. We’re not like other financial services companies either. As a Systems Engineer here, you’ll sit within a growing delivery team optimising user and member experience, working at the heart of our IT estate on applications supporting our Financial Crime and Risk applications.
Who we're looking for
You. We hope, anyway. We are looking for Systems Engineers with experience in application design and development - leading solutions across our Fraud, AML and Risk Systems portfolio. You will initially be providing early engagement with projects; consulting and prototyping new solutions for the portfolio.
You should have demonstrable experience in aspects of…
• Nationwide’s Fraud, AML and Risk applications
• Full appreciation of Software Development Lifecycles and knowledge of Agile and DevOps
• Experience in developing in C# and SQL
• Functional & Technical Design
• Technical Requirement Elicitation
• Performance and resilience related architecture and design activities
• Engineering of IT solutions to meet Business requirements
• Live incident support
• Experience of working in multi-tier IT architectures
• Strong stakeholder management & engagement skills, effective at all levels
• Have experience in task management & mentoring team members
• The ability to quickly understanding problems and provide root cause analysis and resolution
What you'll be doing
You will be involved in all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle, thinking end to end. You will be leading teams of engineers to deliver both technical and design outcomes as well as collaborating across other technical delivery and support areas, providing advice and consultancy.
• Engagement with programmes & projects to provide expert input into all aspects of the lifecycle, from early life through to production support
• Accountable for Detailed Functional & Technical Design
• Engineering of Software solutions, including design & code reviews
• Understanding the business impact of technical problems and be comfortable making risk assessments
• Proactively contributing to the evolution of Software Engineering within Nationwide
The extras you'll get
Feeling as though you belong means feeling valued, recognised and rewarded. We aim to give all of our people a good work-life balance, so you’ll receive your schedule in advance, helping you to work around your day-to-day life, and we show our support through the recognition and rewards scheme we offer:
Info on what this benefit structure looks like can be accessed here.
We’d love it if you joined us. Click apply today and send us your CV to take the first step towards building society, nationwide. Please note: To help us do the right thing by our members, all applicants will be subject to a criminal record, credit check and references.