- Location Swindon, South West England
- Salary Competitive
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 29/04/2019
- Ref R002800997
We are seeking to increase our technical analysis capability to support new initiatives in the Security and Platform Squads. Technical analysts work across a variety of projects to deliver solutions that improve the security and efficiency of Nationwide’s systems.
Who we're looking for
We are looking for candidates with:
• A logical and inquiring mind, excellent listening and investigative skills and the persistence to uncover the root of a problem
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills – the ability to analyse problems and present solutions clearly and concisely at a level appropriate to the audience
• An agile mindset and flexible approach to work
• An interest in technology and how it supports our day to day business activities
• A desire to learn (and keep learning) about the different systems and technologies within Nationwide’s estate
• Experience of Infrastructure, Network or Database technologies
And the ability to:
• Pay attention to detail, but not get lost in it
• Self-start and quickly orient themselves within a project
• Multi-task and manage work across different projects
• Be resilient to a changing environment and adapt to project demands
• Build trust with stakeholders through the quality of their work and timeliness of delivery
Attitude and aptitude are all important as no two projects are the same.
What you'll be doing
You will join a supportive team of colleagues working across a variety of projects. As a Technical Analyst you will liaise with the Project Management, Architecture, Business Design Engineering and Testing communities to:
• Manage technical stakeholders, shape solutions and manage the technical scope
• Develop business, technical and non-functional requirements
• Document AS-IS/TO-BE technical environments and flows
• Conduct technical investigations/impact assessments and document options for agreement
• Assist in the production of technical designs
• Liaise with Squads and System owners to design, build and test system integrations
• Run Proof of Concepts on candidate tools
Candidates will work throughout the solution life cycle from solution shaping to test and deployment.
The extras you'll get
Feeling as though you belong means feeling valued, recognised and rewarded. We aim to give all of our people a good work-life balance, so you’ll receive your schedule in advance, helping you to work around your day-to-day life, and we show our support through the recognition and rewards scheme we offer.
We’d love it if you joined us. Click apply today and send us your CV to take the first step towards building society, nationwide. Please note: To help us do the right thing by our members, all applicants will be subject to a criminal record, credit check and references.