Technology Lead - Channels
- Location Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary Competitive
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 25/04/2019
- Ref R001900920
Nationwide is investing over £4bn in its transformation over the next few years, so it’s never been a more exciting time to join. Building high performing teams plays a huge part in this transformation, which is why we need a skilled Technology Leader to work with our Nationwide Channels Squad. This squad combines business users, project professionals and IT experts within one team delivering change directly to the contact centres and our retail branch network.
Nationwide is leveraging the power of Cloud, DevOps and Agile to bring teams together and create compelling and market leading digital, online and mediated customer experiences for our members of today and tomorrow. While we do so, we need to ensure that we continue to provide market leading customer service, offer our members greater levels of self-service, backed up by experts when needed and to have ever greater levels of insight into our members and their needs so we can offer the right levels of engagement when, and where, they need it. In both the digital and mediated service provision, this is increasingly important and requires a Technology Leader who can determine and direct activities using the latest technologies and platforms to deliver organisational and member benefit.
Who we're looking for
You’ll be the Technology Lead, working as part of a leadership trio including a Chief Product Owner and Delivery Lead, for one of our new Squads – providing thought leadership and technical direction to our engineering teams, and focused on Branch & Mediated Channels. We’re looking for both technical depth and leadership qualities. We want someone who can build and sustain technical excellence within a team, take in hand an existing backlog and create the right environment for success.
We need somebody with:
- Strong leadership and organisational skills
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Experience of setting a compelling vision and communicating it to stakeholders at all levels
- Proven experience in building, leading and inspiring technical teams and making decisions through periods of ambiguity
- Experience across a range of development, operational and change methodologies; and the processes and tools which support these practices (e.g. Agile / DevOps)
- A successful track record of interpreting external drivers and aligning with an organisational architectural/technical strategy to translate into technical solutions and priorities is essential
Ideally, you also have:
- Knowledge of Financial Services
- Knowledge of the following systems; Omni-channel contact centres, Customer relationship management, Account and transaction management, Cashier/teller services
- Strong knowledge of cloud deployment models and integration methodologies
- Experience of working across a broad range of technical domains; infrastructure, application, data and security.
- Strong hands on and operational skills
What you'll be doing
You’ll be the Technology Lead, working as part of a leadership trio including a Chief Product Owner and Delivery Lead, for one of our new Squads – providing thought leadership and technical direction to our engineering teams, and focused on Branch & Mediated Channels.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So, if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
- Access to training to help you progress your skills and career
- Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- 30 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- Option to ‘buy’ 10 days more holiday
- Access to a healthcare scheme
- Discount vouchers for various retail outlets
- Annual performance related bonus scheme
- Company car or allowance
Click apply today and send us your CV.
Please note: To help us do the right thing by our members, all applicants will be subject to a criminal record and credit checks.